Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dunn And His Long Term Contract

Re: Dunn And His Long Term Contract

Quote Originally Posted by MattyMo4Life
    Do you want their web address?
    Looks like YOU might want to save it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I honestly believe the new ownership has told the current staff to stay away from Dunn and let them handle it when they get on board. I also think they may have talked to Dunn and told him this will be all worked out when they get on board. We have not heard much about Dunn at all this winter regarding a long term contract.

I think the new ownership will get him signed and build this team around Dunn. This will be Adam Dunn's team for the next 10 years.

This might very well be the first thing they do when they get in the doors. This would be a tremendous splash for them and prove that they are serious about taking over this team and building.
    Taylor High School
    Home of the "Yellow Jackets"

Quote Originally Posted by alexad
    This might very well be the first thing they do when they get in the doors. This would be a tremendous splash for them and prove that they are serious about taking over this team and building.
    I agree that it would be a nice way to get off on the right foot. I just don't want to hear all of the local sports guys like McAllister complaining about strike outs, trading a "good" .300 hitter like Casey, and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor
    Not to nitpick -- but capitalizing every word you type makes your writing really difficult to read.
    Probably was all caps. I think the board changes that to just the first letter of each word as a shouting filter.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Looks like YOU might want to save it.
    I doubt it... I don't think I've posted on that forum for about a year now.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyMo4Life
    I doubt it... I don't think I've posted on that forum for about a year now.
    Yeah but he's pointing his water pistol at your team now:

unlike the Cards who have HUGE contract that start getting bigger in the next 2 season with no real farm system.

AstrosBuddy has been saying that stuff on everywhere, including our board for years. If he wants to believe it, I'm not going to argue with him about it anymore. I gave up that fight long ago. lol

I do believe the Astros are the reigning NL Champs Matty. In fact , your memory will remind you they won it in the last game at Busch II by beating the Cards.
    Rabid Astros Fan !

Quote Originally Posted by Astrobuddy
    I do believe the Astros are the reigning NL Champs Matty. In fact , your memory will remind you they won it in the last game at Busch II by beating the Cards.
    took them long enough. good luck getting back there anytime soon.:
    School's out. What did you expect?

Did you think they would be there last season? I bet you the far they finish with a better record than the Reds for the next decade.
    Rabid Astros Fan !

Did you think they would be there last season? I bet you the far they finish with a better record than the Reds for the next decade.
    Yeah I did, but I don't think it'll last. They're getting older, not better. They might have a chance next year, but I doubt it.

As for how they'll match up against the Reds for the next decade, that's a sucker bet right now. The Reds are a mess.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Oh yeah... my dad could whoop your dad's rear.

So there!

pedro.. how old are they getting?

1st-Berkman 29
    2nd- Biggio 40, Burke 25
    3rd- Ensberg 30
    SS- Everett 28
    RF- Lane 29
    CF- Willy 25
    LF- Wilson 31
    C - Ausmus 36, Quintero 26

Oswalt 28
    Pettitte 33
    Backe 27
    Zeke 27
    Wandy 26

Wheeler 28
    Qualls 27
    Lidge 29

Yea.. thats an old team. pedro.. try and know the facts and not just listen to the popular Astro hating spin. Other than Biggio, Bagwell ( who wont play) Ausmus and Clemens this team is not OLD and there are plenty of replacements in the minors that will be ready in a couple of years. ALSO the Astros arent afraid of the FA market and will have a TON of money in the 2006 and 2007 off seasons. They will remain a very good team because the owner wants them to be and will spend the money to make that happen. This isnt your 70's or 80's Astros anymore.
    Rabid Astros Fan !

Yeah, but they still have to live in Texas.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

What does that mean??
    Rabid Astros Fan !

Turn Off Ads?