Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Dunn And His Long Term Contract

Re: Dunn And His Long Term Contract

It was a childish insult. Surprised you didn't recognize that.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Astrobuddy
    pedro.. how old are they getting?

1st-Berkman 29
    2nd- Biggio 40, Burke 25
    3rd- Ensberg 30
    SS- Everett 28
    RF- Lane 29
    CF- Willy 25
    LF- Wilson 31
    C - Ausmus 36, Quintero 26

Oswalt 28
    Pettitte 33
    Backe 27
    Zeke 27
    Wandy 26

Wheeler 28
    Qualls 27
    Lidge 29

Yea.. thats an old team. pedro.. try and know the facts and not just listen to the popular Astro hating spin. Other than Biggio, Bagwell ( who wont play) Ausmus and Clemens this team is not OLD and there are plenty of replacements in the minors that will be ready in a couple of years. ALSO the Astros arent afraid of the FA market and will have a TON of money in the 2006 and 2007 off seasons. They will remain a very good team because the owner wants them to be and will spend the money to make that happen. This isnt your 70's or 80's Astros anymore.

I don't hate the astros, I'm just not as impressed with some of their players as you are. FTR, I was rooting for them in the series.

You're the one who seems to want to come around here and puff out your chest. So the Astros finally got the the series after 43 years! Whoop di woo! If they can keep it up good for them. But quit acting like it's a done deal. It's not.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Who is acting like its a done deal or puffing out their chest? I just said they wouldnt be the Royals all of a sudden. I actually dont expect them to get there again this season, but I think they have a chance.
    Rabid Astros Fan !

Who is acting like its a done deal or puffing out their chest? I just said they wouldnt be the Royals all of a sudden. I actually dont expect them to get there again this season, but I think they have a chance.
    well, every team has a chance.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

The D-Rays don't
    Go Gators!

True.. some more than others though.
    Rabid Astros Fan !

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    The D-Rays don't
    Don't count out the Pirates...

BTW - As Roger Clemens goes, so go the Astros, IMO. Also, Drayton McLane has cried poor for the last few years. One would wonder how much longer the $$ keeps going. I mean, some of those guys need to be taking Social Security in the next few years.

Plus, I don't think the Astros can re-live what happened last year. Too many career years that suddenly went silent in the Series. It seemed like Cinderella's ball ended on the way to Chicago.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Oh man.. ok, I will try this one more time for those of you that are obviously on the Kentucky side of the River.

Biggio, Bagwell and Ausmus.... Thats it Heath. No one else is even close to Social Security.

Clemens is important, but he isnt the Astros can win without him. I have every faith that he will return in May. But even if he doesnt this team can win.

As far as career years go.. I dont know anyone but Ensberg that had a career year. The rest of the team played below average offensively.
    Rabid Astros Fan !

Oh man.. ok, I will try this one more time for those of you that are obviously on the Kentucky side of the River.
    That's nice....

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    That's nice....
    Hey, he is the Astrobuddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    Hey, he is the Astrobuddy.
    From the land of country clubs New Caney, Texas... dissing on the party side of the river... damn....

I do believe the Astros are the reigning NL Champs Matty. In fact , your memory will remind you they won it in the last game at Busch II by beating the Cards.
    Did I ever deny that fact? I didn't even say anything negative about the Astros. I actually defended them by saying that they would pay what it took to keep them in contention. You bash my team by saying they're the old team without even proving it, and you act like I'm the one that's bashing your team.

We welcome fans from other teams. MattyMo is a valued and respected member of the board.

That doesn't mean you can come into our living room and pee on the carpet.

Personally, I rooted for the 'Stros in the series last year.

But if I was a fan of a team that made it to the World Series once in 45 years and got their clock cleaned then, I doubt that I'd be running around other team's boards acting all bad and stuff.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

Matty.... I never said the Cards were old. I said they have contract issue with all that top of the line talent. Pujols, Rolen, Carpenter, Edmonds etc ...

Go back and read. I wasnt dising you team. I was stating a financial fact.
    Rabid Astros Fan !

Matty.... I never said the Cards were old. I said they have contract issue with all that top of the line talent. Pujols, Rolen, Carpenter, Edmonds etc ...

Go back and read. I wasnt dising you team. I was stating a financial fact.
    Ok...you said the Cardinals will have financial issues in a couple of years. I don't think that's a fact. This is the last guaranteed year of Edmond's contract. He has a club option for 2007, and I doubt Edmonds will be playing after 2007 (assuming his option will be picked up). Why did you mention Carpenter's name when discussing financial issues? Carpenter is signed for the next 2 or 3 years for less than 7Mil per season. Yes... Pujols nd Rolen are signed to big deals for several years, but they are in the minority. I doubt the Cardinals would have made a $10 Mil offer to AJ Burnett a couple of months ago if they were looking at financial problems.

Turn Off Ads?