Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 22 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 24 Season 5

24 Season 5

Holy crap!

Palmer and Michelle dead, Tony in critical condition, President Logan still an idiot and his wife is crazy, and Jack is Frank and fighting mad.

Sean Astin joins the cast tonight, Elisha Cuthbert is back as Kim in three weeks, and C. Thomas Howell joins the cast in four weeks. This season is shaping up to be even better than last year, which was pretty good!
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 24 Season 5

I don't watch it. But if I tivioed it and I opened this post I'd be pissed.

Yea..how bout some spoiler warnings in the title there
    Go Gators!

There's no excuse for not watching it.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    There's no excuse for not watching it.
    Never seen it.

But I dream the commericals now.

I'll chat with you Sava.

I'll agree with your "Holy Crap!" I think when Palmer got shot, it was the first time I've ever said "Oh My God" out loud while watching a TV show.

Great 2 episodes. I'm expecting the death of Michelle to push Tony further to a Jack Bauer like level of mericlousness (if that's a word).

Very excited about Season 5.
    http://www.ohiosportsfans.com
    GREAT BENGALS FORUM!

Wow.

Awesome beginning to Season 5.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Our little Chloe is getting all grown up.

I see a little of DanO in Charles Logan.

Walt is a snake.

How long till Tony spontaneously recovers and joins Jack in bad-guy-butt-kicking?

And Derek decides he likes what Frank/Jack does for a living and joins in the fun?

Pay attention to the open sky

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker

How long till Tony spontaneously recovers and joins Jack in bad-guy-butt-kicking?

I'm teaching a class right now on revenge tragedies (revenge as metaphor)--I'm going to have to tell my kids to tune in to this show; it seems the revenge motif has been established early with Michelle's death and Jack's brutal revenge slaying of the gunman who killed Palmer. I don't know this, but I suspect Tony, like Hieronymo before him, will be revenged, only to die himself in the act of said revenge.

The more things change....

Over-under in weeks/hours till Tony is brandishing a gun and fighting bad guys? I am guessing he rubs some asprin on it and is fighting fit in March.

I loved the show last night. I have Tivo now and found that not watching it until it was half over was much more enjoyable. Just skip forward and don't watch the commercials.
    The Sox traded Bullfrog the only player they've got for Shottenhoffen. Four-eyes Shottenhoffen a utility infielder. They've got a whole team of utility infielders.

Great start to the season! With Jack no longer tied to CTU, this could get even more interesting.

Best line from last night:

"The only reason you're conscious right now is because I don't want to carry you."

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Chloe packing a gun....who woulda thunk it?

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck
    I have Tivo now and found that not watching it until it was half over was much more enjoyable. Just skip forward and don't watch the commercials.
    I can top that. I watched it last night after it aired on a ReplayTV with automatic commercial skip. During the entire show, I saw parts of maybe 2 commercials that didn't get skipped. Took about an hour and 20 minutes to watch the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw
    Chloe packing a gun....who woulda thunk it?
    She did that a little bit last year. She is starting to grow on me, becoming a little less annoying.

Since I know Kim is coming back, it'd be nice if Chase came back too.

Turn Off Ads?