Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Joey Porter's at it again.

Joey Porter's at it again.

Updated: Jan. 16, 2006, 12:47 PM ET
    Porter on refs: 'I felt they were cheating us'ESPN.com news services

Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Joey Porter is not known to shy away from a microphone, and that might make him a little lighter in the wallet after his comments after Sunday's game against the Indianapolis Colts.

When Troy Polamalu's fourth-quarter interception was overturned by referee Pete Morelli, Porter felt the Steelers were facing opponents on two fronts: the Colts and the refs.

"I know they wanted Indy to win this game," Porter told The New York Times. "The whole world loves Peyton Manning, but come on man, don't take the game away from us.

"I felt they were cheating us. When the interception happened, everybody in the world knew that was an interception. Don't cheat us that bad. When they did that, they really want Peyton Manning and these guys to win the Super Bowl. They are just going to straight take it for them. I felt that they were like 'We don't even care if you know we're cheating. We're cheating for them.' "

Porter said he was relieved in more ways than one when Colts kicker Mike Vanderjagt missed a 46-yard field goal try with 21 seconds left that would have tied the score.

"The way the refs were going, I wouldn't have trusted them in overtime," Porter told the Pittsburgh Post Gazette. "If we hadn't won, they would have cheated us in overtime."

Porter is quickly becoming one of my least favorite players.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Joey Porter's at it again.

The refs were pretty bad in that game yesterday, but the Steelers won, they need to quit crying and move on. Let's just hope Denver shuts them up next week.

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Unfortunately, I dont think a severe case of lock jaw would shut Mr. Porter up. He would still find a way to say stupid things.

He played a terrific game yesterday, perhapps his best all season, just let your play speak for itself.

--a steeler fan
    Last edited by deltachi8; 01-16-2006 at 01:54 PM.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

For a Level Playing Field

Hmmmm.... I wonder if this will draw a fine? I do not think you can say things like this as an employee of the NFL (I am sure Joey would tell you that the NFL works for him).

Gee, Joey, do you remember a game one week prior to this game? The game where a defensive pass interference was called on a safety for the opposition despite replays showing there was absolutely no interference. This despite the fact that your WR (some former QB from Indiana) dropped the ball in the endzone. This terrible call gave your team a first-and-goal at the 5-yd.-line.

As a matter of fact... why don't we look at the penalties in that 1st round game. Your "refs hate us team" had 6 for 39 yards (or 6.5 yards per call). The opponent had 7 for 90 yards (12.86 yards per call). Gee, I wonder who the home team was in that game? Of course 40 of those 90 yards against the other team were due to that pathetic call mentioned above.

And then we saw no call on the pushing and shoving (better known as pass interference) done to the opponent's #84 in that same game in the endzone. Remember... right before 4 of your tough-guy DBs ganged up on that #84 in the endzone. 4 against 1... tough-guys!

Well, well... should we even mention the 15-yard penalty against Odell Thurman in the regular season and then the NO CALL on Kimo? Yep, that will further prove how smart and accurate you are, Joey.

Does Joey think The Bus is wearing black-n-white stripes under his Pittsburgh uniform? I am sure it was the fault of the refs that Jerome coughed it up and about lost the game w/ a 1:00 left in the game.

Oh well. It is Joey Porter. I forgot to consider the source. Maybe Joey's mad at the fact that he only has 5 tackles in the 2 playoff games thus far. I would venture to guess that there are special teamers w/ more tackles than that.

Why is it you never hear rumor about Steeler players taking a swing at Bill Cowher in the locker room? Because all of the Steeler players walk out alive.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Actually the interception call was horrible, and it seemed blatantly obvious they were trying to help the Colts.

Should Porter say that? Probably not. Colts are my #2 team, but the refs screwed over the Steelers on that call. It did make the game alot more interesting though.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    Why is it you never hear rumor about Steeler players taking a swing at Bill Cowher in the locker room? Because all of the Steeler players walk out alive.
    And because the players know that when it comes to a dispute between themselves and Bill Cowher, Steelers management views them as replaceable whereas Bill Cowher is the face, brain, and heart of the franchise.

That's what loyalty to a good coach buys you, among other things: an understanding that it really IS his way or the highway.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Please forgive me - because I respect all of you - but are you listening to yourselves?

You're telling him to stop his crying and whining, and to move on. Yet what were many of you doing last week?

If Chad Johnson or Marvin Lewis does it - it's excusable. If Joey Porter or Cowher does it - they're A-holes.

The officiating in that game yesterday was atrocious. If Indy had ended up winning that game because of the bad officiating, that would have been an injustice IMO. And I'm not a Steeler fan!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    Yeah, but some of those "rumors" were coming from former Bengal players (Latham and Boomer). Latham said players in that lockerroom confirmed to him that it occurred. Personally, I could care less. But "something" happened in that halftime, and it involved Chad Johnson, that really deflated this team in the 2nd half. And I don't think it was because they were simply bummed out over Palmer's injury.
    Last edited by GAC; 01-16-2006 at 07:46 PM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

got alil captain in u?

as a person who lives in close area to pittsburgh but hates the steelers joeyporter needs to shut up no wonder he gets in fights before the game tell u the truth i think joey needs to back up his smack i haven't seen him make any highlight plays lately one days he's gonna kick that dirt for his celebration and fall on his butt then he'll shut up

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30

Porter is quickly becoming one of my least favorite players.
    I feel exactly the same way. Roethlisberger also is climbing up that list, he is a cry baby if things dont get perfect for him.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt
    I feel exactly the same way. Roethlisberger also is climbing up that list, he is a cry baby if things dont get perfect for him.
    I'm with you on Big Ben. I've got some friends at Miami who say his junior year he was his own biggest fan. For some reason, the backwards hat on the sideline rubs me the wrong way too.
    Last edited by redsfan30; 01-18-2006 at 09:41 AM.

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

I'm with you on Big Ben. I've got some friends at Miami who say his senior year he was his own biggest fan. For some reason, the backwards hat on the sideline rubs me the wrong way too.
    Ken Griffey Jr says hi...:griffey:
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

I'm with you on Big Ben. I've got some friends at Miami who say his senior year he was his own biggest fan. For some reason, the backwards hat on the sideline rubs me the wrong way too.
    Ben left after his junior year

As I've stated, I'm not a Steeler fan, but I don't see where Big Ben has a pattern of being a whiner.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog
    Ben left after his junior year
    Thanks for correcting.....I meant to say junior year, but was thinking his last season and senior year got typed.

Turn Off Ads?