Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Joey Porter's at it again.

Re: Joey Porter's at it again.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30
    Thanks for correcting.....I meant to say junior year, but was thinking his last season and senior year got typed.
    I graduated from Miami the same year Ben declared for the draft. I've seen him around campus a million times, but don't know the guy personally, but I've heard similar things about him...

2. Turn Off Ads?
    For a Level Playing Field RedFanAlways1966's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    As I've stated, I'm not a Steeler fan, but I don't see where Big Ben has a pattern of being a whiner.
    Not to pick on you, GAC (well, maybe)... who are Browns fans rooting for in the AFC Championship game this weekend?

Broncos... "the fumble" (Earnest Byner) & "the drive" (John Elway). 2 Super Bowl appearances in their hands and then swept away like the unsinkable Titanic. The pain and the memories that have never-ever seemed to go away (20 years later) for those Dawgs.

Steelers... their life-long numero-uno rival. Only Bengals fans in the SE part of Ohio think different, but it is true that PITT is their number one hated rival.
    Small market fan... always hoping, but never expecting.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Steelers... their life-long numero-uno rival. Only Bengals fans in the SE part of Ohio think different, but it is true that PITT is their number one hated rival.
    Gosh, RFA. You are so right on this. My friend was checking out a girl at the bar the other day and he says, "What about her? You think she's hot?"

She was wearing a Hines Ward jersey, so the answer was "No" without even seeing her face.

I about tackled one girl who was wearing a Polamalu shirt. I was going to bring her down by her hair.

As I've stated, I'm not a Steeler fan, but I don't see where Big Ben has a pattern of being a whiner.
    He doesn't. He's got one ill-advised comment about the Thurman hit. The guy has played through multiple leg injuries and what was most likely a hairline fracture of the thumb on his throwing hand this season. That's throwback warrior type stuff. They guy has seen loads of both NFL success and adversity and has handled it like champ. Doesn't make excuses. Doesn't point fingers at his teammates. 23 years old.

After his bad day versus the Jets in the playoffs last year:

"I did everything I could to lose the game," Roethlisberger said. "I've got to play better. That was terrible. The game we played today is not going to cut it."

Obviously the words of a constantly whining prima donna.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner

I about tackled one girl who was wearing a Polamalu shirt. I was going to bring her down by her hair.
    what are you a Raven?

:-)
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

what are you a Raven?
    Oh dear gosh, no. I wouldn't even get a piece of furniture my girlfriend wanted for the house because it was that awful purple color the Ravens use.

I was so happy the day Trent Dilfer signed with them so then I could have an even bigger reason to hate him.

I even tore a story out of an Edgar Allan Poe book because of the title.

Okay, that didn't happen, but I would if I read Poe.

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966
    Not to pick on you, GAC (well, maybe)... who are Browns fans rooting for in the AFC Championship game this weekend?
    Well... since Brown fans hate both the Steelers and the Broncos, it's probably a coin toss. But not with me. I really can't explain it Jeff, but I do respect the Steelers organization. I have since the days of Bradshaw, Steel Curtain, and Knoll. And I have always respected the Rooney family. I'm not gonna hate (or show jealousy) for an organization being well run. I'm not a fan of Cowher; but you gotta respect what the guy has accomplished in his 13 years as a coach.

Broncos... "the fumble" (Earnest Byner) & "the drive" (John Elway). 2 Super Bowl appearances in their hands and then swept away like the unsinkable Titanic. The pain and the memories that have never-ever seemed to go away (20 years later) for those Dawgs.
    Which is why I'm rooting for the Steelers.

Do Bengal fans hate the 49er?

I'm a loyal AFC Central guy (even though it's different today). Yeah, on any given weekend I'm rootin' for my Browns to kick the crap out of the division rival. But whoever from that division makes the post-season, I'm rooting for them.

I can't stand Denver and especialy John Elway. Ever since he came out of college and screwed Baltimore when they drafted him. IMO, college players, and I don't care how good you are, should have that kind of leverage. That is the purpose of the draft. So it's just not that he has always screwed us. I've always thought he was a punk.

And I think the same about Eli Manning. Be thankful you've even got the opportunity to play in the NFL. I think there should be a rule that if a kid refuses to sign with the team that drafts him, they should not be able to enter the league (re-enter the draft) for 2 years.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner
    Gosh, RFA. You are so right on this. My friend was checking out a girl at the bar the other day and he says, "What about her? You think she's hot?"

She was wearing a Hines Ward jersey, so the answer was "No" without even seeing her face.

Date much?

I'd hate to see what you'd do to a girl with a Ben Roethlisberger T-shirt!

I'd hate to see what you'd do to a girl with a Ben Roethlisberger T-shirt!
    Why, I'd make her take it off.

Where's a rim shot when you need it.

(I'll be appearing at the Airport Holiday Inn through the weekend- two shows on Sunday)

My girlfriend told me today that I am a "Commodian."

Because, you guessed it, my jokes belong in the toilet.

I'd never heard that one before. It will fit in perfectly with all my other bad ones (which you can hear at the Airport Holiday Inn....)

Joey Porter won't, reportedly, be fined for his comments about the officiating on Sunday.

Referee Pete Morelli reportedly had a rock thrown through the window of his house. Unless that rock was thrown by the league office with a pink slip attached to it, that's unacceptable.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Do Bengal fans hate the 49er?
    Why yes, thanks for asking. More specifically Joe Montana and John Taylor.
    Last edited by Jaycint; 01-19-2006 at 08:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD
    Joey Porter won't, reportedly, be fined for his comments about the officiating on Sunday.

Referee Pete Morelli reportedly had a rock thrown through the window of his house. Unless that rock was thrown by the league office with a pink slip attached to it, that's unacceptable.
    It was probaly Ben. And it did have a pink slip attached saying "If you're gonna reverse calls like that then you may as well wear a pink slip. "

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt
    I feel exactly the same way. Roethlisberger also is climbing up that list, he is a cry baby if things dont get perfect for him.
    Ben's soft. Every other week he turns up with a new boo-boo that he needs Bill Cowher to kiss and make all better. It's like the end of last year, when he was running around telling people he had a broken foot, only to have the team say it wasn't. He puffs out his chest and acts like a warrior because he fights through the bruises to play 12 games a year. If he plays 10 years in the NFL, I'd bet he plays all 16 games in only 3 or so.

Referee Pete Morelli reportedly had a rock thrown through the window of his house.
    Did he rule it an incomplete pass?
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    Did he rule it an incomplete pass?
    No, but after further review, Morelli determined that the window did not maintain possession of the rock long enough for it to really be broken.

--Ted Williams

Turn Off Ads?