Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Baseball Manager, anyone?

Baseball Manager, anyone?

I can't believe this, but in 1992 when I was in high school I started playing Baseball Manager on the old Prodigy network.

Years went by, Prodigy went under (I think), and I thought that was the end of BBM. I haven't played fantasy baseball since.

Somehow, I stumbled across it again today and I immediately signed up for a winter league. I guess we play something like three games a day.

I decided to play winter ball to just get my legs under me again and learn the ropes.

I was wondering if any of you folks would like to start a league with me this spring, or maybe even join the league I'm in now for a little winter warm up.

Check it out, and if you're interested PM me or just reply here.

www.baseballmanager.com
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Baseball Manager, anyone?

I would, but I just don't like head to head fantasy. It ends up being too arbitrary IMO. I think I'm only going to play in points leagues this year. I think we should have a RZ points league on Yahoo next season though.
    School's out. What did you expect?

What do you mean by arbitrary?

I kinda dig it because RBI's are left out of the equation and it's fun trying to juggle things depending on appearances against certain types of pitching, as well as the salary cap and stuff.

I'm doing the winter league just to see if I still enjoy it as much as I think I do, though.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Well, in the yahoo head to head league where you are competing for points on a weekly basis, it seemed to me that the results didn't always reflect who had the best team, but who's team had the best week in relation to whoever they were playing that week. As such I felt the standings could be scewed by luck much more than in a traditional points league where points are calculated over the entire season.
    School's out. What did you expect?

There aren't any points in BBM.

They have a scoring algorythm that they use. I can't remember what the formula is, but things like pitching wins, saves, and RBI's don't figure into your game for that day....Your players will accumulate wins, but his W/L record on BBM will be different from his real life record.

I remember in 1993 Jose Rijo recorded 22 wins for my team.

BBM also has a great personalized newspaper page you get to read every morning. I remember being so giddy waking up to it that first summer.

Turn Off Ads?