Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Get Email When Marc Lancaster Updates His Blog

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Get Email When Marc Lancaster Updates His Blog

Cincinnati Post beat writer Marc Lancaster's blog is always a good read for Reds news, and it often scoops the traditional media (and his employer's newspaper) for timeliness.

He's got a great post there now discussing the possibility of LTCs for Dunn, Harang, Lopez and Kearns. I got an email alert about that post before I read about it here at RedsZone, and that led me to think that others here might like to know how to get the same heads-up themselves.

As is the nature of blogs, posts gets added at irregular intervals, so it's hard to know when to check for updates. But there is a way that you can get email updates each time Marc adds a new entry to his blog.

1. Go to http://rssfwd.com

2. In the field above where it says " Enter a feed URL to subscribe," paste the RSS link for Marc's blog, which is

Code:
    http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/spring/rss_spring.xml
    and click the "Submit" button.

3. In the field above where it says "Enter your e-mail to subscribe “Cincinnati Reds,"" type the email address where you'd like to be notified of new posts and click "Submit."

If you would prefer to receive text-only emails, check that box before clicking "Submit."

4. That's all there is to it! Now you'll get an email message each time Marc updates his blog. If he makes multiple posts within an hour, they'll probably be sent to you in the same message.
    Last edited by Unassisted; 01-16-2006 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Tag change to make the RSS link show correctly. Thanks, cscott81 for pointing this out!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Get Email When Marc Lancaster Updates His Blog

Marcs blog is great, I wish though to reply you had to login... too many morons sticking their finger in the soup over there without accountability.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Marcs blog is great, I wish though to reply you had to login... too many morons sticking their finger in the soup over there without accountability.

only if I need a good laugh do I read the comments.

I appreciate Marc doing his blog with his ideas & thoughts. Too bad Mark Curnette took the "cut & paste" approach to his blog for Bengals coverage.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    too many morons sticking their finger in the soup over there without accountability.
    Reminds me of the MLB boards.
    Go Gators!

Your killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

Thanks, Unassisted!
    "And the fact that watching him pitch is like having someone poop on your soul." FCB on Gary Majewski

RedLeg Wildcat

Thanks. That should come in real handy. Much Appreciated.
    The Big RED One

Turn Off Ads?