Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Eminem remarries his ex-wife four years after divorcing her

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Eminem remarries his ex-wife four years after divorcing her

http://www.thisislondon.com/showbiz/...6?source=Metro

By Suzy Austin, Metro
    16 January 2006

Eminem has remarried his former wife - more than four years after the couple's divorce and custody battle.

The rap star's relationship with Kimberly Mathers is known to have inspired some of his most violent and controversial work.

He fantasised about the '(expletive deleted)' death in his 2000 hit, Kim, but admitted in the chorus: 'I don't wanna go on living in this world without you.'

Eminem, 33, arrived for his wedding in a limousine, wearing a red baseball hat and a white tuxedo.

About 80 friends and family were invited to the ceremony, at a stately home near the couple's home town of Detroit on Saturday.

Guests - including rapper 50 Cent and his hip-hop group G-Unit, membersof D12 and Obie Trice - had to go through strict security checks after invitations were leaked on the Internet.

D12's Proof was best man and New York DJ Lord Sear provided the music for the reception.

Eminem, who sports a 'Kim: Rot in Pieces' tattoo on his chest, announced the couple's plans to reunite last month after coming out of drug rehab.

'We have reconciled and are probably going to re-marry,' Eminem, real name Marshall Mathers III, said.

He first married high school sweetheart Kimberly Scott, 31, in 1999.

Their daughter, Hailie, ten, became the subject of a bitter legal tussle when the couple divorced two years later.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Re: Eminem remarries his ex-wife four years after divorcing her

I have a tattoo on my chest that reads, "Manny Aybar: Rot in Pieces."

You don't think...

Makes all the routine posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland
    I have a tattoo on my chest that reads, "Manny Aybar: Rot in Pieces."

You don't think...

"Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

that's like drinking milk from the jug and saying "...this milk is sour. Maybe tomorrow it will be fresh."
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

I guess she's ok with the tattoo telling her she should rot in pieces?

Nice guy!

Perhaps she's illiterate.

Or maybe her real name is Alanis Morrissette, and he told her the tattoo was "ironic."
    Makes all the routine posts.

Don't care much for him; but I like his pasteries!
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4882092.stm

Rap star Eminem has filed for divorce from his wife Kim less than three months after the couple remarried.

Eminem, real name Marshall Mathers III, first married his high school sweetheart Kimberly Scott in 1999.

But he fantasised about her death in his 2000 hit Kim and their first marriage ended the following year.

They remarried on 14 January but court papers filed by the rapper in Michigan said there had been "a breakdown in the marriage relationship".

"The objects of matrimony have been destroyed and there remains no reasonable likelihood that the marriage can be preserved," it added.

The couple signed a pre-nuptial agreement a week before their wedding in Rochester, Michigan, the documents said - but the details were not revealed.

Eminem is seeking joint custody of their 10-year-old daughter Hailie Jade Scott, the papers also said.

Kim Mathers' lawyer Michael J Smith said the move came as "somewhat of a surprise".

"But we have to deal with it, and we will deal with it," he said. "I was at their wedding. It's very unfortunate that he filed for divorce."

Eminem, 33, and his 31-year-old wife were both brought up along the Eight Mile Road in the suburbs of Detroit.

In 2000, Kimberly attempted suicide and sued the rapper for defamation after he depicted her violent death in his song Kim.

The couple later settled the defamation case out of court.

He has since been accused of pulling a gun on a man who was said to have kissed his wife, while Kimberly has spent time in jail for using cocaine.

Retirement

In August, Eminem called off his European tour because of "exhaustion" before being treated in hospital for drug dependency.

The rapper's greatest hits album Curtain Call sold 5.5 million copies around the world in 2005.

But he recently admitted he was considering retirement from the music business.

"I'm at a point in my life right now where I feel like I don't know where my career is going," he said.

"This is the reason that we called it Curtain Call, because this could be the final thing. We don't know."
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

For a Level Playing Field

I betcha the divorce lawyer$ love this fool and his soon-to-be (AGAIN!) ex-wife.

Such is life and love(?). And a fool's money.

And I thought those two kids were going to make it... again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Why do fools fall in love?

I have to say, the thought of remarrying my ex-wife makes my blood run cold.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Eminem is seeking joint custody of their 10-year-old daughter Hailie Jade Scott, the papers also said.
    Dateline, April 4th, 2019: Former reality TV star/party girl Hailie Jade Scott arrested for assaulting her former husband Haley Joel Osment with a blunt object. The two had been planning to remarry in June, but the commercial failure of their recently released "Haley on Hailie IV: Haley's Comet" sex tape reportedly put a strain on their relationship.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    Dateline, April 4th, 2019: Former reality TV star/party girl Hailie Jade Scott arrested for assaulting her former husband Haley Joel Osment with a blunt object. The two had been planning to remarry in June, but the commercial failure of their recently released "Haley on Hailie IV: Haley's Comet" sex tape reportedly put a strain on their relationship.
    I skimmed your post, missing the "2019" date. I thought to myself... "Damn, is that Sixth Sense kid already of legal age to marry?"
    Stick to your guns.

Eminem (M&M) = Marshall Moron

The rap star's relationship with Kimberly Mathers is known to have inspired some of his most violent and controversial work.
    I think that about sums it up.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Turn Off Ads?