Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any word on "MLB 2007" video game yet?

Any word on "MLB 2007" video game yet?

A new edition of the "MLB" video game series typically comes out every March and by now there's usually been word on what to expect but I have yet to see anything. Has anyone else?

I for one hope they've fixed that god awful glitch in the 06 version where the game would randomly freeze up during game play.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Any word on "MLB 2007" video game yet?

My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

If you look at the cover art, it says "MLB 06: The Show" thugh the title of the page you refer to clearly says "MLB 2007."

All I can say is "huh?"

Thanks for the link though.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

I'm just furious right now that EA Sports did not include Turchin Stadium in it's new College Baseball game, coming out this week.

When I make a road trip to go past LSU, I'll have to play in Alex Box, but when they come back to New Orleans to get whupped, it's "Generic Field 5" or whatever.

Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Check out Operation Sports. They've got a good variety of screen shots and some initial reviews.
    http://previews.operationsports.com/...lb06theshowps2

The name is officially '06 The Show, guess it was getting confusing with their having a year ahead of the actual season.

Anyone know if any MLB games will be out for the PC this year?

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph
    Anyone know if any MLB games will be out for the PC this year?
    MLB:06 is the only one coming out since they have the exclusive rights. I dont know if its coming out for PC or not.(I doubt it)
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

It's not an exclusive agreement, like the NFL one was. It prevents any Third party guys from releasing any so Take 2 and their game or Sony. Any other manufactuers would be able too, ex: Microsoft with the XBox.

Since EA was the PC's hope I'm thinking there won't be any licesened ones there.

Anyone here play on PSP? Last year's PSP version of MLB was a solid game, if a little barebones; MVP was simply horrible. I'm looking forward to having a 2K game this year...it looks promising.

So wait, there's only one licensed MLB video game this year? Similar to the NFL/Madden deal?

I hope 989 Sports is still doing the MLB series and some other company has not taken over.

The name change is dumb, I've gotten used to them being a year ahead in their titles and now this. Goofyasses, all of 'em I say.

Anyone planning on picking up MVP 06 NCAA towards the end of this week? Doesnt look too bad and for only 30$ might be enough to hold me over until a MLB game comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake
    Anyone planning on picking up MVP 06 NCAA towards the end of this week? Doesnt look too bad and for only 30$ might be enough to hold me over until a MLB game comes out.
    I'm all over it, I'm ready to hear that ping of aluminum sometime in the next day or so.

Baseball games to be released this year for consoles:

PS2: MLB 2006: The Show (SCEA, 2/28), MLB 2k6(2k Games, 3/6), & MVP NCAA Baseball '06 (EA, 1/18 or 1/19)

XBOX: MLB 2k6 (2k Games 3/6), MVP NCAA Baseball '06 (EA, 1/18 or 1/19)

Gamecube: MLB 2k6 (2k Games, 3/6)

XBOX 360: MLB 2k6 (2k Games, 4/10)

PC: n/a

That's it, that's the list.
    Last edited by Jpup; 01-18-2006 at 08:55 AM.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

I've been playing "MLB 06: The Show" the past couple of days and I've enjoyed it for the most part. Gameplay is still the same really, some improvements here and there in the look/presentation but there's one thing that I do not like at all and it's a big difference between this version and last year's.

On both the all star and hall of fame levels of difficulty, the pitches will break like CRAZY making it impossible to "paint the black" for a strike. The only way to throw a strike is pitching one right down the middle and of course making it real easy to hit. Plus you can forget striking out batters too often, I've been lucky to get 2 per game as the batters pretty much foul off or hit everything you throw.

I've tried making adjustments here and there to make it more workable. Regarding the wild pitch breaks, if you select rookie or veteran modes, they break less severely and you can throw stikes more effectively BUT you still have a heck of a time striking guys out. Of course you have to remember to switch back to all star/HoF modes when you come to bat so it's not too easy.

This is the biggest disappointment so far in an otherwise excellent game.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Allred
    I've been playing "MLB 06: The Show" the past couple of days and I've enjoyed it for the most part. Gameplay is still the same really, some improvements here and there in the look/presentation but there's one thing that I do not like at all and it's a big difference between this version and last year's.

On both the all star and hall of fame levels of difficulty, the pitches will break like CRAZY making it impossible to "paint the black" for a strike. The only way to throw a strike is pitching one right down the middle and of course making it real easy to hit. Plus you can forget striking out batters too often, I've been lucky to get 2 per game as the batters pretty much foul off or hit everything you throw.

I've tried making adjustments here and there to make it more workable. Regarding the wild pitch breaks, if you select rookie or veteran modes, they break less severely and you can throw stikes more effectively BUT you still have a heck of a time striking guys out. Of course you have to remember to switch back to all star/HoF modes when you come to bat so it's not too easy.

This is the biggest disappointment so far in an otherwise excellent game.
    Thanks Michael. I plan on getting this game today.

Out of 10, what score would you give the game?

Quote Originally Posted by VI_RedsFan
    Thanks Michael. I plan on getting this game today.

Out of 10, what score would you give the game?
    I'd give it an 8 out of 10 because of the pitching/strikeout issue I have with it otherwise it *would* have been a 9.

Turn Off Ads?