Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any word on "MLB 2007" video game yet?

Re: Any word on "MLB 2007" video game yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Allred
    I'd give it an 8 out of 10 because of the pitching/strikeout issue I have with it otherwise it *would* have been a 9.
    Thanks man. I actually didn't end up getting it today because my game store didn't have it, but I'll get it when I can. I'm not much of a gamer but I'll get any sports games that come out. Those are the only games I really play (but I do admit that the Grand Theft Auto games are quite fun )

2. Turn Off Ads?

I have played MLB 06: The Show the past two days and cant say that I liked it very much. I thought the presentation was amazing, but I thought the gameplay was really lacking. Pitching was hard and on offense when hit a HR they show it from terrible views. I just never really liked the feel of it. I hope 2k6 is good if not, looks like I will playing MVP 05 for another season

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake
    I have played MLB 06: The Show the past two days and cant say that I liked it very much. I thought the presentation was amazing, but I thought the gameplay was really lacking. Pitching was hard and on offense when hit a HR they show it from terrible views. I just never really liked the feel of it. I hope 2k6 is good if not, looks like I will playing MVP 05 for another season
    Which system did you play it on? I have the PSP version and think the gameplay is pretty amazing on veteran mode. I haven't tried the harder levels yet, though. The HR thing doesn't really bother me as I fast forward through replays after the first several games anyway. All in all MLB06 for PSP captures the general feel of baseball more than anygame since the PC glory days of High Heat.

Question for the people that have MLB 06 The Show. I just got the game and I'm trying to make the Reds roster correct. I have everyone except for Rick White and Scott Hatteberg. I can't find those guys. They aren't in the free agent crop and Hatteberg is not on the A's. Does anyone know where those guys are in the game? If they aren't in it, then I guess I'll have to create them.

kbrake, did you select the option to show all the angles/presentations (crap, I forget what it's called in the options menu.) That one gives you all the angles the game has in replays and whatnot.

BTW, regarding my post about difficulty pitching, I noticed that about 2 weeks in the break of the pitches (regardless of difficulty setting) improved greatly. What I'm beginning to think is that my pitchers weren't all that effective because I had skipped spring training and therefore my guys just weren't very sharp. *However* it's still very hard to strike guys out though.

I looks like almost all of the Reds batters have been given Generic 1 batting stances. That's pretty lame. Wily Mo's stance looks nothing like that. Oh Well. Other than that the game is pretty good, I still think I'm gonna get MLB 2K6 as well so I can compare the two and see which one I want to start a franchise with.

I give MLB 06 The Show a 7.5 out of 10.

Quote Originally Posted by VI_RedsFan
    Question for the people that have MLB 06 The Show. I just got the game and I'm trying to make the Reds roster correct. I have everyone except for Rick White and Scott Hatteberg. I can't find those guys. They aren't in the free agent crop and Hatteberg is not on the A's. Does anyone know where those guys are in the game? If they aren't in it, then I guess I'll have to create them.
    If you get the latest roster Update it has Hatteberg in it.

There is a clause in the Players Union contract for the games this year that severly limits the Free Agent pool at the start of the season. Look for online roster updates frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFan75
    If you get the latest roster Update it has Hatteberg in it.

There is a clause in the Players Union contract for the games this year that severly limits the Free Agent pool at the start of the season. Look for online roster updates frequently.
    Too bad I don't have online. I used to, but it stopped working recently. Any advice for me on this?

I dont know what options I had on, I just played it in whatever the default mode is. I just didnt really like how the guys ran and that kind of stuff. Also there was nothing to throwing the ball. I threw a guy out at the plate with Griffey in deep center and I mean it was an insane throw, I dont even think it bounced.

Too bad I don't have online. I used to, but it stopped working recently. Any advice for me on this?
    Have you got a MaxDrive or Sharkport? You can get the Latest Rosters at Operation Sports.

I miss MVP Baseball...

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190
    I miss MVP Baseball...
    Me too man, me too. These games can't compete with MVP. I can't wait until EA makes a baseball game again...if they ever do.

Have you got a MaxDrive or Sharkport? You can get the Latest Rosters at Operation Sports.
    I don't have MaxDrive or Sharkport, but I will check out Operation Sports. Is that a site? Thanks.

I don't have MaxDrive or Sharkport, but I will check out Operation Sports. Is that a site? Thanks.
    You'll have to register but it's a good sports gaming site.

http://forums.operationsports.com/vBulletin/

If you can't get an update, maybe we can work something out where you mail me a memory card after the opening day roster is released and I can download it for you.

And I'll have to disagree with you guys on EA's baseball games, I don't want to turn this into a discussion along those lines but my personal feelings regarding EA's games, their sports games were the worst.

Video Baseball gaming was the reason I bought a console. I was playing High Heat on the PC and went Triple Play on the console. I've played all the games released and, sometimes owned 3 or 4 a season. That's one gaming cost that always get included in our buget. Last year I had all 3 games, MLB 2006, MVP and MLB2k5. The year before I had All-Star, MVP and ESPN. Before that it was High Heat 2004 (rough year I only got 1. ) They all have good points they all have bad points.

MVP for the PC comes close to High Heat in it's expandabiltiy and playability. Unfortuanetly my PC didn't have the power, so it was console only for me. It always bothered me that EA's team could never get Great American right. 3 versions of their game and each year they had the same problems with the stadiums. EA's handling of the lefty bug that year really soured me. They released a patch for the PC's but console gamers were stuck, and even though they released the PC patch that acknowledged the problem, they continued to tell the Console guys there was no problem.

I'm not saying MLB doesn't have problems, and last years freeze bug was painful, but there are Sony reps that post on operation sports, and they take input from the customers. Last year I asked for Sean Casey's unique pre-bat ritual with the gloves and leg lift, and it was included. The only other game to have that, was High Heat 2004. Roster Updates are almost weekly and the ratings for the rosters are usually very good.

Anyway, give 'The Show' some time, you may grow to love it more than MVP. You may not, but I did.
    Last edited by RedsFan75; 03-06-2006 at 02:57 PM.

You'll have to register but it's a good sports gaming site.

http://forums.operationsports.com/vBulletin/

If you can't get an update, maybe we can work something out where you mail me a memory card after the opening day roster is released and I can download it for you.
    Thanks RF75. I had just worked the memory card thing out with a friend of mine before I read your post, but thanks anyway.

Turn Off Ads?