I heard a promo for his show yesterday and he was talking about Jose Canseco. His take was interesting, and i'll try to do credit to him and be as accurate as possible.

Do you remember when Nirvana's Smeel's like Teen Spirit came out? It changed the music scene completely. For a decade we listened to all those hair bands, and we liked them. we defended them. Then Nirvana and all of a sudden we couldn't believe we ever listened to that drek.

That's Jose Canseco. He introduced weightlifting and steroids to baseball, wrote a book, testified before congress, and made punchlines of of Palmeiro, Sosa, Bonds and McGwire. He single handedly brought about the elimination of steroids to the game, a decade and a half after introducing them. If a player, by himself, changes the future, the present, the past of the game, he's a Hall of Famer.

I think I got close, it's not an exact quote, but it's close. It's the last line that got me thinking, and I thought on this all weekend. Canseco's numbers are borderline, but his impact on the game is undeniable. whether or not that impact was positive or not is debatable, but he certainly meets the fame part of the equation.