Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Open question to everyone

Open question to everyone

I don't know if this is the correct place to write this and I'll keep it brief, but I have a situation where I might need some money and I have an original Reds prized possession and I just wanted to see if this is something that might be marketable on eBay or if anyone had any other ideas where I could sell - bar, restaurant, etc.

I have a tribute to Riverfront stadium. It's a very large professionally framed project that including all unripped 2002 tickets depicting a major even in the stadium. They are individually attached with see through acid free photo clips. Also included is turf with COA from the turf days. The kicker that really makes this nice is the Farewell to Riverfront baseball cards of all the great players with a piece of actual seat (red and blue). It has the complete set which used to be booked at $260 bucks, but no idea now. They include Bench, Morgan, Perez, Dunn, Larkin, concepcion, etc. They would be very difficult to find. It also has a few other cards, autos, GUs memorabilia. Centered in this frame is a picture I bought /10,000 from opening day showing the last opening day during the National Anthem. the frame itself is thick black with red matting. I can email a pictures of the whole project. The frame job was extensive using only the best materials and cost $600 bucks it self. A rough estimate off all the memorabilia plus framing is $1500 bucks. I don't really want to sell, but wanted to get an idea from you all of marketability and possible selling price. It would take the right price, but thought I could at least get a preliminary idea here.

Thanks for any comments.

David

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Open question to everyone

Moved to the non-baseball forum.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

I have no idea myself. I'd ask my insurance person to recommend someone who could assess it.

It sounds like something that ought to be insured.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Whenever the Enquirer quotes a memorabilia guy, it's Steve Wolters of Sports Investments on Montgomery Rd. I'd Google him and give him a call.

(I don't know Steve and am not vouching for him, just giving you a name.)
    Makes all the routine posts.

Geez. Sounds like an awesome piece. Obviously unique.

You could try out eBay (make sure to put a reserve on it high enough to protect your investment). I'm not sure what size it is, but it sounds like shipping might be problematic and would require the help of a professional. The cost might limit the amount you can get in an online auction.

IMHO, I'd try out the local restaurant/bar avenue first and list it in the Cinci classifieds for a week or two. Anything you can do to avoid shipping it is going to do nothing but help you out. Before trying to move it though, I'd try to find a reputable local collectible shop that could offer you a written appraisal on the piece. That way, you'd have some teeth to back your asking price.

As for price, it's difficult. I'm not a professional appraiser, but I do know that when folks purchase framed and matted art pieces in the aftermarket they tend to undervalue the investment in presentation. In short, folks aren't likely to care how much you spent on framing and matting it so that's where you might end up taking a loss. Without seeing it, my heart says $1,000.00 because it was obviously a labor of love. But head keeps telling me $750.00- primarily because the items displayed in the piece, while very interesting, don't appear to have a great deal of intrinsic value.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD
    You could try out eBay (make sure to put a reserve on it high enough to protect your investment). I'm not sure what size it is, but it sounds like shipping might be problematic and would require the help of a professional. The cost might limit the amount you can get in an online auction.

IMHO, I'd try out the local restaurant/bar avenue first and list it in the Cinci classifieds for a week or two. Anything you can do to avoid shipping it is going to do nothing but help you out. Before trying to move it though, I'd try to find a reputable local collectible shop that could offer you a written appraisal on the piece. That way, you'd have some teeth to back your asking price.

As for price, it's difficult. I'm not a professional appraiser, but I do know that when folks purchase framed and matted art pieces in the aftermarket they tend to undervalue the investment in presentation. In short, folks aren't likely to care how much you spent on framing and matting it so that's where you might end up taking a loss. Without seeing it, my heart says $1,000.00 because it was obviously a labor of love. But head keeps telling me $750.00- primarily because the items displayed in the piece, while very interesting, don't appear to have a great deal of intrinsic value.
    I forsure would put a reserve on eBay. I also don't live locally so the bar/restaurant scene would be hard. I will say that I would meet this person and or drive to cincy. The dollars to mail would be a lot, but more importantly the safety of this piece would be my #1 priority.

You are correct that it was a labor of love. I can say I would not sell for 750 or even 1,000. The pieces could probably get me to the lower figure. Not sure the value on the tickets. I know the opening day and final weekend tickets have brought 100 bucks each and any ticket with Pete Rose fetches 50 bucks. Beyond that I'm not sure, but there is like 8,9 tickets with pete.

Who knows. I appreciate all the feedback

Turn Off Ads?