43 34.13%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chances of Dunn signing LT

Your killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

Re: Chanes of Dunn signing LT

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland
    Today it's 0%.

Friday it may be as high as 50/50.
    Seems like I am following Redsland around the board....

I picked 26-50.

That could change if the new owner(s) come in and make some positive moves (read: fire DanO)
    "And the fact that watching him pitch is like having someone poop on your soul." FCB on Gary Majewski

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Chances of Dunn signing LT

For all of those that think that Dunn wants out, why do you think that? I have see little indication from Adam Dunn or from those around him that he is wanting to leave Cincinnati. The only place I've seen with something in black and white was on the Reds Live! board...written by Astrobuddy (I think they are cousins ).

I know I'm not a very optimistic poster, but I think that some of the posts concerning Adam Dunn are less than optimistic due to the current climate surrounding the ball club. I fully expect that to change sooner rather than later. If Dan O'brien and John Allen aren't fired within the next 60 days, I will be suprised. Even so, they will be gone before next winter. It isn't uncommon for a player to want to test the free agent waters and then resign with the team that gave him his start.

I think that the time to sign Dunn to a "cheap" contract has passed, the time to sign him to a "fair" contract is now upon the organization. If you were Adam Dunn, would you not wait until, at least, this season to consider a long term contract? I certainly would. He is a smart guy and probably has some intelligent people advising him on financial matters. $10-$12 million per is a whole lot better this year than $4-6 million per was last season.

Don't just look at things as if you were the Reds front office, look at things from Adam's perspective.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran
    I voted 0-25% only because like REDREAD I think Dunn's just bidding his time so he can get out of here - but not for the same reasons. IMHO, he's got enough money, he probably wants to get back home to the Houston area and that home on the lake.
    He'll be able to fly home whenever he wants with the cash he'll get on the FA market.

I think if he really wanted to be an astro that bad he'd demand a trade right now
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Less then zero.

Not only is it now too late, but Dunn seems to me that he's not a Dan O scrappy type of player.

On top of that he doesn't make much contact, doesn't hit sac flies, and strikes out too much.

Other than that the 40+ hr and 100+ RBI's the last couple of years - that's just "luck".

I voted 26-50% based on two items

One - he'll sign if the new owners provide him with a plan to turn this thing around.

Two - The new owners will fumble this around like DanO and Uncle Carl.

Let's hope the owners remember the Cardinals giving a LTC with Scott Rolen & Albert Pujois when dealing with Adam Dunn.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

I don't think it has anything to do with his like or dislike of the city. I voted 0% because I cannot imagine why anyone talented would re-up with this organization as it is currently constituted. If you were on a boat in the ocean with no rudder, no compass, and no one around with any idea how to get those things and get the boat going in the desired direction, would you stay if you were offered a chance to go to a boat with those things?

I wouldn't, and I don't think anyone here would. If the change of ownership does not yield an immediate change in the GM et al, with an accompanying statement from the new owner that this franchise will enter the 21st century, then we will lose a future Hall of Famer.

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    a little birdy told some of us that Dunn was rumored to be asking for a 3 year deal.
    I hope that's right. Actually, your reasoning is good. I think that buys out one year of free agency for Dunn, and like you said, that's as long as Kearns is left.

Is it also the amount of time Jr has left? Can you imagine this team if Pena, Kearns, Dunn, and Jr all go free agent in the same year (2008)? I know Jr will be old by then, but if we have to replace the entire OF in 2008, we're really screwed.
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD
    I hope that's right. Actually, your reasoning is good. I think that buys out one year of free agency for Dunn, and like you said, that's as long as Kearns is left.

Is it also the amount of time Jr has left? Can you imagine this team if Pena, Kearns, Dunn, and Jr all go free agent in the same year (2008)? I know Jr will be old by then, but if we have to replace the entire OF in 2008, we're really screwed.
    In 2008, my guess is that Jr. retires and we have an OF of Denorfia, Jeremiah Piepkorn & Tonys Gutierrez.

This, of course, after we go "Marlins" and have a fire sale after a world championship
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Dunn will be a career red. If this new owner really wants to win, he'll see to it that Dunn is a part of this team for a long, long time.

I'm upgrading to .0005%
    Go Gators!

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KearnsyEars
    Dunn will be a career red. If this new owner really wants to win, he'll see to it that Dunn is a part of this team for a long, long time.
    It's a nice hope, but it's not a good sign that Castellini didn't increase the 2006 payroll. It becomes harder to fit Dunn into a relatively fixed budget with each passing year.

Turn Off Ads?