Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dunn asks for 8.95 mil, Lopez asks for 3 mil

Dunn asks for 8.95 mil, Lopez asks for 3 mil

From Marc's Blog

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/spring/

Well, the Reds have some work to do with their two remaining arbitration-eligible guys. The figures, courtesy of the AP:

Adam Dunn asked for $8.95 million, and the Reds offered $7.1 million
    Felipe Lopez asked for $3 million, and the Reds offered $2.15 million

FYI, the gap between Dunn's numbers is the second-highest among the 44 players filing figures Tuesday. Alfonso Soriano asked the Nats for $12 million and they countered with $10 million.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Re: Dunn asks for 8.95 mil, Lopez asks for 3 mil

I hope Mr. Castellini brings his checkbook to the office next week. Looks like he'll need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted
    I hope Mr. Castellini brings his checkbook to the office next week. Looks like he'll need it.
    Even if they got what they were asking for (and both will settle for less), the club's got more than enough to cover the $6.91M cumulative increase they're asking (and, yes, it had that money even before Casey got dealt).
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

I would tell Mr. Dunn that he could have $8.95 million for the next five years.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Heeler
    Per year or for all 5?

Me I'd counter with 22 for 3, with a 9 million dollar club option for the 4th year.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Per year or for all 5?

Me I'd counter with 22 for 3, with a 9 million dollar club option for the 4th year.
    Mark Teixeira got a two year 15.4 million deal today and he is a Boras client. He hit .301 with 43 home runs and 144 RBIs with 124 K's. In comparison Dunn hit .247 with 40 home runs and 101 RBIs with 168 K's.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Heeler
    Well, that's certainly the starting point, pay him more this year so he'll take less in the years afterward. Perhaps a 9, 10, 11, 12 with an option 5th season would get it done?

Quote Originally Posted by harangatang
    Mark Teixeira got a two year 15.4 million deal today and he is a Boras client. He hit .301 with 43 home runs and 144 RBIs with 124 K's. In comparison Dunn hit .247 with 40 home runs and 101 RBIs with 168 K's.
    Dunn's got an extra year of service time and the Rangers weren't buying any free agent years from Teixeira.

Per year or for all 5?

No way Dunn signs for fewer than 5 years, IMO. I'd give it to him.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by harangatang
    Counting stats are bunk in this comparison, they are in different leagues too.

.257/.388/.554/.942 Adam Dunn in his last 1352 trips to the plate makes an out 62.5% of the time.

.292/.375/.568/.943 Mark Teixeira in his last 1355 trips to the plate makes an out 64.3% of the time.

I'll take Dunn myself

Counting stats are bunk in this comparison, they are in different leagues too.

.257/.388/.554/.942 Adam Dunn in his last 1352 trips to the plate makes an out 62.5% of the time.

.292/.375/.568/.943 Mark Teixeira in his last 1355 trips to the plate makes an out 64.3% of the time.

I'll take Dunn myself
    Yes, but how many times has Teixeira struckout in those 1355 trips?

Yeah, but how many sac flys did Teixeira have in those 1355 trips?

01/17/2006 6:31 PM ET

Reds make offers to Dunn, Lopez
    Club hopes to avoid arbitration with remaining eligible players
    By Anthony Castrovince / MLB.com

The Reds don't want to get in the position of "beating" or "losing to" their own players.

Arbitration is a contentious process that the club hopes to avoid.

But should contract talks with Adam Dunn and Felipe Lopez come down to an arbitration hearing, the Reds now know what to expect, one way or another.

The Reds and their two remaining arbitration-eligible players exchanged salary figures Tuesday.

Dunn was offered $7.1 million; he is asking for $8.95 million.

Lopez was offered $2.15 million; he is asking for $3 million.

Dunn, who is expected to convert to full-time first-base duties in 2006, hit .247 with 40 home runs and 101 RBIs in '05. He made $4.6 million last season.

Lopez will be getting a substantial raise from the $415,000 he made in his breakout 2005 season, during which he hit .291 with 23 home runs and 85 RBIs. The Reds last went to arbitration with a player in 2004, when they won a case against reliever Chris Reitsma.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASAp...=.jsp&c_id=cin
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    Well, that's certainly the starting point, pay him more this year so he'll take less in the years afterward. Perhaps a 9, 10, 11, 12 with an option 5th season would get it done?
    That would be a good offer for both sides. The Reds needs to sign him long term now, because they won't be able to afford him once he's a free agent. They need to offer him enough now to entice him to sign, otherwise he can just wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    No way Dunn signs for fewer than 5 years, IMO. I'd give it to him.
    So would I.

He's proven.
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?