Turn Off Ads?

Thread: The one who got away?

The one who got away?

Just noticed that former Reds pick Colin Curtis (2003, 50th rd.) made the first team on the Baseball America Preseason All-America list.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The one who got away?

Curtis was the one flyer pick I lobbied for the Reds to throw some good money his way but he was pretty set to play college ball. At the time he was ranked top 5 HS OF and had the whole package and to play CF to boot. Signability is the only reason he could have fallen to 50th. Still, I agree, what if?

There were a few good flyer picks in that Reds' draft iirc.

Bill, I remember when you argued the Reds should take some of the 2003 firesale money and throw it at Curtis. It's the main reason he's stuck in my head.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Yep, they let all the flyer picks go to waste and kept their powder dry.

Turn Off Ads?