Turn Off Ads?

Thread: The Reds Report

The Reds Report

The Reds Report
    By Redsland, for Redsland

New Ownership on Horizon
    O’Brien cautions excited fans not to expect Castellini’s press conference to mention John VanderWal.
    After approval by MLB, owners, Castellini faces final hurdle: Senate Judiciary Committee.
    Office Max reports run on big garbage cans, empty binders.

Lindner Legacy
    Young and old gush over era of “fiscal responsibility” after Schott-era world title, pennant races.
    Pace, goals helped revive fan interest in basketball.
    New Latin American academies reopened pipeline of young, talented players, fruit-picking washouts.

Grant Balfour Acquired
    Flush with success, Dan O’Brien again dips into the well of former Twins pitchers.
    O’Brien calls Balfour a “calculated risk”; specifically the estimated risk assessment (ERA) is calculated at 4.63.
    Pitcher expected to tear up league, in addition to labrum, rotator cuff, elbow.
    Oft-injured Hancock released after unsuccessful “Tammy John” groin replacement surgery.

Player Contracts
    Aaron Harang signs $2.35 million contract; incentives kick in after 15 consecutive starts without allowing facial hair.
    Austin Kearns’ $1.85 million deal gets his finances in shape, at least.
    Wily Mo Pena snags contract worth $1.25 million; insider says “We kept tossing offers out there until he finally caught one.”
    “Co-catcher” Javier Valentin signs for $8 million less than “team leader” he “doesn’t platoon with.”
    Felipe Lopez’s arbitration figure sails high, Reds say.

Adam Dunn’s Status
    Reds, Dunn exchange numbers, eye-roll smilies.
    Slugger agrees to sign long-term deal; won’t say where.
    Worried fans say Reds need to do a better job of manufacturing contracts.
    Dunn spurns World Baseball Classic, leaving U.S. team with only 600 other candidates for worthless exhibition.

Reds Notes
    Narron: Off-season job as girls basketball coach helps me pay the bills, deal with preening diva Rich Aurilia.
    Winter Caravan hits road, guardrail; Freel, Nelson questioned.
    Caravan to include O’Brien, Narron successors.
    Narron states no one will “inherit” position while inking Griffey in center, Aurilia at third.

Around the League
    To appeal to America’s youth and be legally compliant, baseball cards now to be made without stats on back, picture on front, name, number, or team logo. Also, gum returns.
    Near end of contract, Dusty Baker states “I don't want to move;” starting pitchers nod knowingly.
    New Oprah-approved memoir reveals Jim Bowden really wanted Goofy, has great eye for pitchers, and Tony Perez quit.
    Danny Graves returns to Vietnam to spread word of baseball, get sex change.

Makes all the routine posts.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Re: The Reds Report

Great stuff.

Go Gators!

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

Best yet -- great stuff Redsland.

That was the best one I have read. Good stuff

Waiting for a tour/album KittyDuran's Avatar

Best part...
    Player Contracts
    Aaron Harang signs $2.35 million contract; incentives kick in after 15 consecutive starts without allowing facial hair.
    Austin Kearns’ $1.85 million deal gets his finances in shape, at least.
    Wily Mo Pena snags contract worth $1.25 million; insider says “We kept tossing offers out there until he finally caught one.”
    “Co-catcher” Javier Valentin signs for $8 million less than “team leader” he “doesn’t platoon with.”
    Felipe Lopez’s arbitration figure sails high, Reds say.
    2014 Reds record when I'm attending: 15-12
    2014 Dragons record when I'm attending: 2-1
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

:notworthy
    What are you, people? On dope? - Mr Hand

Haunted by walks

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland
    New Oprah-approved memoir reveals Jim Bowden really wanted Goofy, has great eye for pitchers, and Tony Perez quit.
    My memory's a little hazy about the details, but according to my brutally honest new memoir, I pitched a shutout in the one-game playoff in 1999.

Turn Off Ads?