Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: To the punk(s) who smashed my car window out last night...

Re: To the punk(s) who smashed my car window out last night...

In England, I had my quarter glass window smashed and the "punk(s)" ripped out my stereo and alnog with it my AC/Heating controls. My AC was never the same after that. Also the Quarter Glass cost more to replace than the radio.

Yes, there is crime outside the US too.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Somebody broke into my dads truck back a couple months ago, ripped out the CD player and made off with some CDs. There were plenty of others that it had happened to that morning as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

WAGS

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy
    One time it was just for the change they saw in my cupholder. For that I got a rock thru the passenger side window.
    must of been a crackhead

Honestly I hope that they try that again, and you catch them register, now wouldn't that be fun?
    Let's make some noise!

My 1993 Honda Accord...was broken into 2 times in 2 months...

First time...they took (and this is my fault for leaving them in there) 80+ CD book... CD's i purchased in 1988-1992.... all my Zeppelin...Sabbath.... Clash... Roxy Music... Bowie... The Who..... they also took $15 in change.
    My sunvisor.....and whatever they could get their hands on.

I do not live in a bad area... but the streetlight went out and it is really dark there when that happens.

Then 1 month later they came back and took the radio...but it does not work once it is taken out of the car.

Luckily i still have the car.......... It is in very good condition and runs great... but it sucks to have things just taken like that from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean_CaseyRules
    Honestly I hope that they try that again, and you catch them register, now wouldn't that be fun?
    i've wondered what I would do...it varies between smashing his face through what's left of my rear window, and giving him a bag of ground up aspirin and laxatives and telling him to smoke it.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by registerthis
    i've wondered what I would do...it varies between smashing his face through what's left of my rear window, and giving him a bag of ground up aspirin and laxatives and telling him to smoke it.
    I like the first one, just because I like to see violent things, lol.
    Let's make some noise!

Quote Originally Posted by registerthis
    I hope you enjoy the $50 in "free" subway rides you'll be getting from my Metro card, and the two McDonald's hamburgers that the $2 in change you stole from me will buy you. I also hope that you appreciate the work of Mr. Paul McCartney, because the CD you took from my CD player is quite good.

The Safelite Auto Glass store also wishes to extend their gratitude to you for the opportunity to replace my rear window. It's fine citizens such as yourself that help them stay in business.

Finally, thanks for making my morning eventful. I was getting so tired of the get-up-and--drive-to-work routine. Your act of vandalism allowed me to take a few moments to sip my tea and pet the cat while I awaited the call back from the friendly D.C. police officer.

Yours in eternal gratitude,
    An Irritated Citizen

Sorry to hear this happened reg. I hope they catch the punks.

And stealing a Paul McCartney CD should get them the chair in my book.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    Sorry to hear this happened reg. I hope they catch the punks.

And stealing a Paul McCartney CD should get them the chair in my book.
    Nah, the punks will carry on with their vandalizing ways for some time. D.C. police have bigger fish to fry than catching someone who smashed a window on a car. besides, there's a shelter at the end of the block that attracts certain--"types". I doubt whoever did this will ever be caught.

On the upside I got my car back today with a nice new window. Set be back a few hundred $$$ but, hey, that's city livin' for you.
    We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

I've been on the receiving end twice but the best was my roomate in college.

They stole his car, and drove it to a crack house in Bloomington IN (might be the only one) Then rip out his stereo and leave a joint on the dash. The cops find the car and I drive him over to get it where the cop points to the apartment with a door that looks like it was ripped off the hinges and says we figure someone who lives there or was going there took your car. He then says I'm the one that kicked the door in the last time we busted them. Now the worst part is, I believe since the locks are busted and the stereo is missing Keith buys a new stereo with a detachable face and then preceeds to lose the face one night when he is out drinking.
    Climbing down from the bridge, but keeping the torch lit until Dusty's fate is settled

I live out in the country. I've never had to worry about vandals.... just my son running into the side of the car with the riding mower.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

I think I can beat just about any story of break in's and stupid thieves. My mom is a 4th grade teacher so frequently on car trips she takes along her "teacher bag" that contains some pencils, pens, her grading book, and all of her students' papers. A few years ago my parents and sister were in Columbus for the day and while they were out the driver's window got smashed in on my mom's Honda Odyssey. My parent's had a small binder of their cd's up front in the dashboard, my little sister had her portable CD player and CD's in the back under the seat, and then there was a normal CD/Radio stereo up front. This thief only takes my mom's teacher bag, totally skips everything else. I can't even his reaction when he realized there was absolutely nothing of value to him and he totally wasted his time. Maybe the "Mrs. ...." stitching didn't clue him in or maybe he just had a burning desire to read 4th grader's homework. If my parent's hadn't had to pay to get the window fixed it probably would have been even funnier.

We really need to start a dumb thief thread on here.

Who knows..the thief might have been stuck in 4th grade and was trying to cheat out of it
    Go Gators!

While my brother-in-law and I were attending a minor league baseball game a few years ago, someone broke into his car and stole a baseball.

Well, technically the baseball itself broke his back window, and someone crawled in the hole and took it.

The security guard swore that he'd watched the car carefully from the time the foul ball hit, and no one had bothered it, but we found a program for that evening's game lying in the back seat.

The broken window was one thing, but our not even getting to keep the ball as a souvineer really topped things off.

Only had had my car broken into once- 15 years ago. The jerks smashed the driver's side window and stole about 20 tapes (yeah, it was that long ago), a tennis racket, and my favorite baseball glove.

Insurance took care of the cost, but that baseball glove was one-of-a-kind. I'd dug out a great deal of the padding in the heel and it was a glove that I could use for pitching and then move every finger over to allow for a larger pocket in the outfield.

Truth be told, I was more ticked off about the glove than anything else.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

Turn Off Ads?