Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Weathers Injures Index Finger

A Lost Ball In High Weeds shredda2000's Avatar

Weathers Injures Index Finger

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

Re: Weathers Injures Index Finger

I would assume he is trying to catch a baseball but knowing that Nolan Ryan and some teams use footballs to work on their throwing motion it would be nice to know what he was throwing. Also if he was say playing catch with a small child this might be fairly humorous, if there is not any long term ligament damage.

Just great. I guess that is what happens to 36 year old relief (closers) who play for the Reds.
    Taylor High School
    Home of the "Yellow Jackets"

He tore the extensor tendon of his index finger. He will wear a splint, and the tendon will heal.

The reports say he will need a splint for 3 weeks, but classically, these are splinted for 6 weeks.

References:

http://www.emedicine.com/orthoped/topic413.htm

http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/gene...erinjury_4.htm

http://wheelessonline.com/ortho/mall...aseball_finger

I can't believe these highly paid athletes can't spend the money to have someone catch the ball for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Marc Lancaster:

Weathers tore the extensor tendon in his right index finger when he tried to catch a ball with two hands and it instead caught him on the tip of his index finger.

Turn Off Ads?