Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Celebrity Reds fans

Re: Celebrity Reds fans

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    He [Bobby Knight] and LaRussa are big buddies.
    I don't know why...but I find that hilarious for some reason.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    this1belongs2

Chad Johnson has been dawning a Reds cap a lot. He wore one on The Best Damn Sports Show Period and during his infamous press conference a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    Knight was a Reds fan. Now he's a Cardinals fan. He and LaRussa are big buddies.
    Fickle. No way would I change my fan affiliation just because of a friend. I don't think I'd be able to.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Greg Grunberg.

I also remember hearing that some performer at Riverbend made sure he was able to attend a Reds' game or two while he was in town. For the life of me, I can't remember who it was.

I also saw a muscian sporting a Reds' hate in a video... can't remember who that was either.

Geez, my memory stinks.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    Fickle. No way would I change my fan affiliation just because of a friend. I don't think I'd be able to.
    I don't think following teams is necessarily a priority with him. He was a fan of the Reds because they used to do things the right way. I understand he was particularly an admirer of how Rose practiced and played. I think he's a LaRussa fan because of the success he has had over the years. And, to be honest, the Cards do things the right way more than the Reds do. I'm not sure Knight follows baseball for recreation as much as he does to see how he can get the winning edge.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Quote Originally Posted by this1belongs2
    Yes, I remember when Letterman wore a Reds cap back in the 1990s.
    I remember Letterman mentioned on his show that Joe Nuxhall was his favorite broadcaster. He loved the phrase "This is the Old Lefthander, roundin' third and headin' for home."
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

I also know that Eddie Vetter of Pearl Jam is also a Reds fan
    Larkin is a First-Ballot HOFer in my book...

I thought he liked the White Sox.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool
    I thought he liked the White Sox.
    nope, i remember hearing him talk about it a few years back. he visited the Reds clubhouse in 04 and started playing songs on Juan Castro's guitar.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

Your killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    I also remember hearing that some performer at Riverbend made sure he was able to attend a Reds' game or two while he was in town. For the life of me, I can't remember who it was.
    This is who you were thinking of TB:

Quote Originally Posted by It8ifyifitsgrif

I think Vedder is more of a Jose Cardenal fan than a Reds fan:

Quote Originally Posted by CityBeat
    In others "Reds-meet-Rock" news, Pearl Jam's Eddie Vedder was in town last week for the Reds/Cubs series. Vedder, sporting a new bleached-blonde 'do, hung out with his pal and boyhood idol, soon-to-be ex-Reds coach (and ex-Cub) Jose Cardenal.
    "And the fact that watching him pitch is like having someone poop on your soul." FCB on Gary Majewski

I heard Chesney say he's a Braves fan.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Rob Lowe

I've also heard Dave Mustaine say in interviews that he is a Reds fan

The Barenaked Ladies...I sat behind them once at Riverfront.
    This is the Cal Ripkin Jr. of typos.

If you ask me to join your fantasy baseball league and I select Legolas in the first round, don't be angry at me. It's not my fault I've read up on the players and you haven't.

"So Fla Red"

Bill Bennett is a Reds fan.

I remember hearing him on a local Cinci interview during the 1990 playoffs

I thought Eddie Vetter liked the Sox as well - I thought it was something to do with Jack McDowell.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Taylor Hawkins of The Foo Fighters - at least he wears a Reds hat quite a bit.

I remember a SI article on Brent Musburger just after the Reds WS sweep in 1990. It said Musburger was very happy and buying drinks for everybody in a bar after the Reds won game 4. It was speculated that it was because he was still vindictive toward CBS (Musburger was fired April 1, 1990 - I remember thinking it was an April Fool's joke) and was happy since CBS lost money due to the sweep. Musburger denied the claim, saying he grew up a Reds fan.

Turn Off Ads?