Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: reds on the radio

part of BBN

reds on the radio

can anyone give a list of all the reds radio affiliates.as a younger fan(late 70's/early 80's).....we had the reds on alot of fm stations here in ky.now wlw is "it" at nite ! i guess i am mostly interested in ky stations or am stations powerful enough to be received in ky.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: reds on the radio

From the FAQ on this site... (this list is from 2004). When the Reds put up the pdf file of the Media Guide online, you can access a more updated version. AND remember if the radio stations have a website, the feed will be "blacked out" due to MLB restrictions.

OHIO
    Athens WATH-AM 970
    Canton WTIG-AM 990
    Celina WKKI-FM 94.3
    Chillicothe WBEX-AM 1490
    Cincinnati WLW-AM 700
    Columbus WCOL-AM 1230
    Dayton WONE-AM 980
    Findlay WBVI-FM 96.7
    Hillsboro WSRW-AM 1590
    Ironton WIRO-AM 1230
    Lima WIMA-AM 1150
    Marietta WMOA-AM 1490
    Middleport WMPO-AM 1390
    Portsmouth WNXT-AM 1260
    Springfield WIZE-AM 1340
    Wash. CH WCHO-AM 1250
    Zanesville WHIZ-AM 1240

INDIANA
    Batesville WRBI-FM 103.9
    Bedford WBIW-AM 1340
    Indianapolis WNDE-AM 1260
    Madison WXGO-AM 1270
    Muncie WXFN-AM 1340
    Portland WPGW-AM 1440
    WPGW-FM 100.9
    Richmond WHON-AM 930
    Sullivan WNDI-FM 95.3
    Washington WAMW-FM 107.9

KENTUCKY
    Berea WKXO-AM 1500
    Burnside WKEQ-AM 910
    Corbin WCTT-AM 680
    Danville WHIR-AM 1230
    Elkhorn City WBPA-AM 1460
    Grayson WUGO-FM 102.3
    Hartford WAIA-AM 1600
    Irvine WIRV-AM 1550
    Lexington WXRA-AM 1580
    Louisville WXXA-AM 790
    Martin WMDJ-FM 100.1
    Maysville WFTM-AM 1240
    Paintsville WKYH-AM 600
    Pikeville WPKE-AM 1240
    Richmond WEKY-AM 1340

MISSISSIPPI
    Tupelo WTUP-AM 1490

VIRGINIA
    Gate City WGAT-AM 1050

WEST VIRGINIA
    Charleston WCHS-AM 580
    WSWW-AM 1490
    Huntington WVHU-AM 800
    Logan WVOW-FM 101.9
    Martinsburg WRNR-AM 740
    Parkersburg WLTP-AM 1450
    Williamson WXCC-FM 96.5
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

Quote Originally Posted by jmac
    can anyone give a list of all the reds radio affiliates.as a younger fan(late 70's/early 80's).....we had the reds on alot of fm stations here in ky.now wlw is "it" at nite ! i guess i am mostly interested in ky stations or am stations powerful enough to be received in ky.
    IIRC, Hazard, KY had a FM station that carried the Reds in the 70s - I'm pretty sure that's how I could listen to games when I stayed with my grandparents in Hyden, since WLW couldn't penetrate the mountains - couldn't pick it up at school tho - that was too far away.
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

part of BBN

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran
    IIRC, Hazard, KY had a FM station that carried the Reds in the 70s - I'm pretty sure that's how I could listen to games when I stayed with my grandparents in Hyden, since WLW couldn't penetrate the mountains - couldn't pick it up at school tho - that was too far away.
    thanx for info. not to get too nostalgic but remember " the main spark" with marty and sparky and "the on deck circle" with joe and a guest !

I grew up listening to the Reds on WSGS from Hazard also. I lived in Cumberland and could easily pick up this station and a lot of other ones that carried the Reds. Looking at the list now I don't think I could pick up any of those stations in Eastern Kentucky.
    Also I don't think that list is up to date. The Martinsburg station WRNR carries Nationals games now. I was coming back from to Kentucky last summer and tuned in to this station and that Nats were on not the Reds.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds
    I grew up listening to the Reds on WSGS from Hazard also. I lived in Cumberland and could easily pick up this station and a lot of other ones that carried the Reds. Looking at the list now I don't think I could pick up any of those stations in Eastern Kentucky.
    Also I don't think that list is up to date. The Martinsburg station WRNR carries Nationals games now. I was coming back from to Kentucky last summer and tuned in to this station and that Nats were on not the Reds.
    The list is from 2004 - but maybe even the Reds don't know...

Some of the ones in the early 80's included stations from Knoxville & Chattanooga. There were a few even in Florida in Tampa, Sarasota, and Ft. Myers.

Who in Tupleo, MS do the Reds reach?
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

I grew up listening to Hazard's WSGS "100,000 watts of power" in my home not far from Hyden.

Living in London, I listen to AM1400 out of London, or the Corbin station AM 680. When I travel to my parents who still live outside of Hyden, I'm out of luck for Radio games.

But I do long for the days of the strong clear power of that FM station.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFan75
    I grew up listening to Hazard's WSGS "100,000 watts of power" in my home not far from Hyden.

Living in London, I listen to AM1400 out of London, or the Corbin station AM 680. When I travel to my parents who still live outside of Hyden, I'm out of luck for Radio games.

When I go to Hyden - I'm also out of luck for my cell phone...:thumbdown

The list is from 2004 - but maybe even the Reds don't know...
    Believe me, they don't.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

When I go to Hyden - I'm also out of luck for my cell phone...:thumbdown
    Yep, my Cell Phone is worthless at my folks.

is there any way to listen to Dayton WONE-AM 980 online? I can't seem to figure this one out.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFan75

2 letters...

XM
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

6 months of heartbreak Bob Borkowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsrbetter
    is there any way to listen to Dayton WONE-AM 980 online? I can't seem to figure this one out.

Hmmmm...I checked their site but can't find any way to listen live.

Yeah me too, I don't understand why they don't have it. Would be very nice to listen to this station. I have never heard it before but I am sure it has its fair share of Reds talk.

Thanks for looking for me Bob. If anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it!

Turn Off Ads?