Turn Off Ads?

Thread: lifetime baseball pass

lifetime baseball pass

A heart warming and somewhat heart wrenching story in the Washington Post. What a stupid act it was to bring the shah of Iran and his jeweled throne to exile. But it's a good tear jerking story of how a lifetime baseball pass helped to bring families back together and give relief to survivors of captivity.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...011903068.html

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: lifetime baseball pass

I can remember very vividly that MLB gave each of the hostages a lifetime pass. I was a kid then and remember thinking it wouldn't be so bad to be a hostage for 444 days in order to get to go to any MLB game for free for life! Of course I know better now that nothing would be worth that for the price you pay for being a hostage.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Good article. Thanks for sharing. I don't remember the pass, but I remember the hostage crisis very well.

The ticketing side of pro sports has gotten so corporate in this era of Ticketmaster and web sales, I wondered how the clubs would react to the pass today. The Nationals anecdote answered that question, and it was the best story of all!

What a great article. The thing that got me was how many of those guys said they just sort of grew up into family life and stopped using them. I would give my right arm for a pass like that and I would probably go to most of the games if I had one of those.

Thanks for posting that article-good story.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Truly a great article, 37! Thanks!
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Turn Off Ads?