Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Reds sale officially approved...

Re: Reds sale officially approved...

"He's (Castellini) a partner in the Cardinals and he's been with Bill DeWitt in other deals," Selig said. "Everybody raves about him. He's very personable and a Cincinnati man. I think it's great. Frankly this was an easy one. This was quick."
    Huh yeah lightning quick huh. Not quick enough to save this seasons version thanks MLB!!!!!!!!!!
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm willing to toss 2006 out the window if 2007,8,9,-etc proves to be an upswing for this franchise.

Here's a bold move to shake things up - since we know this is going to be a lost season - pull a Tampa Bay - offer free parking, allow coolers in to the park, take the 500 level seats and call them 500 Level Seating for $5.00 on all games - We know it can't be GA do to the "Festival Seating" rule in Hamilton Co - Bring people to the game in droves. Most people might come for the cheap tickets - but spend on the snacks. Can't hurt to find out.

I think you got to sack DanO - Let Kullman/Maddox run the show for a while. Hire a Director of Baseball Operations - get a GM - show the scouts who is in charge and what it will take to stock the system. Get a PR guy that really can be a PR guy. Maintain professionalism on the highest level. We don't need a GM with leather pants, or a first baseman who hugs - we need guys who want to be Redlegs - and can work TOGETHER in a environment that promotes WINNING.

This isn't Kansas City & we better darn well begin acting like Cincinnati and the greater Reds Country area.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    What a tragic missed opportunity that would be.

By keeping DanO and his administration in power, he's giving tacit approval to the job they've done.

What could he possible have to learn watching DanO operate this franchise?

A bold move could do so much to energize the fan base.
    no it isnt. who could they replace dan o with right now? exactly. keeping says nothing other than well, NOTHING

who could they replace dan o with right now?
    Flat Stanley is my vote, couldn't be worse

Castellini just needs to throw an enormous amount of money at Theo Epstein and his pals and give them 100 percent control. Total power and a wealth of extra cash could maybe convince Theo. If not, well let the fan base know that they tried to bring him in.

At the very least Castellini needs to sit down and read this book.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Quote Originally Posted by NewEraReds
    no it isnt. who could they replace dan o with right now? exactly. keeping says nothing other than well, NOTHING
    Holy crap. No one making no moves would be better than some of the stuff DanO has done.

I don't care if they really do name Flat Stanley as GM, at least that would show me RCast has some balls and isn't going to settle for the likes of DanO.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Frankly I think this guy would have a better chance of constructing a winning team.

School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by creek14
    Holy crap. No one making no moves would be better than some of the stuff DanO has done.

I don't care if they really do name Flat Stanley as GM, at least that would show me RCast has some balls and isn't going to settle for the likes of DanO.

Flat Stanley has more personality than DanO.

Just say no to Status Quo.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Right now, at this point, I would like more than anything to see them bid John Allen his farewell. I can live with DanO finishing out this season as the GM.

having Dan0 work on the future of your ballclub is like having Jacques Clouseau disarm a nuclear bomb.

i would love to see some changes happen, and fast. i am pretty certain it will not happen, but i would love to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by MrCinatit
    having Dan0 work on the future of your ballclub is like having Jacques Clouseau disarm a nuclear bomb.

i would love to see some changes happen, and fast. i am pretty certain it will not happen, but i would love to see it.
    I'm not certain of that at all. And neither is Dan O'Brien. RCast (I like that, Creek) needs to do something dramatic tomorrow. If he gets up, says he loves Cincinnati and the Reds, says he is committed to winning and does nothing, the whole collective Reds Nation (if there still is one by now) will sigh and continue making plans to ignore the 2006 season. I hope he knows that. If not, we're in more trouble than I thought we were.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

This thread was closed, although I can't believe it should have been. But a few are on record with their predictions here.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42156
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by MrCinatit

I'm thinking you mean Inspector Clouseau, and not Jacques Cousteau. Although Cousteau probably wouldn't be very good at the bomb thing. And he's dead. Other than that, carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792
    Castellini just needs to throw an enormous amount of money at Theo Epstein and his pals and give them 100 percent control. Total power and a wealth of extra cash could maybe convince Theo. If not, well let the fan base know that they tried to bring him in.

At the very least Castellini needs to sit down and read this book.
    RCast didn't act quick enough!

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2298743
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    I'm thinking you mean Inspector Clouseau, and not Jacques Cousteau. Although Cousteau probably wouldn't be very good at the bomb thing. And he's dead. Other than that, carry on.
    Inspector Clouseau and Jacques Clouseau are one and the same

Turn Off Ads?