Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Could this not be DanO's fault???

Man Pills

Re: Could this not be DanO's fault???

Quote Originally Posted by Marc_Lancaster
    I'm not sure where you guys are getting the idea Dan and John weren't there yesterday. They most definitely were -- along with Dean Taylor, Brad Kullman, Johnny Almaraz, Tim Naehring, Grant Griesser...basically everyone in baseball operations.

They just weren't up at the podium with the new ownership, and I don't know why they would have been. It was Castellini's day.

(OK, back to the cave)
    I expected as much, but didn't say anything because I hadn't actually seen the conference.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by pedro
    well I'll hold out hope that the fact that he didn't say anything positive about Dan O is a signal in and of itself, whether DanO was there or not.
    DanO won't be fired; he just won't be asked to return. 2006 being a lost season falls on Castellini's head, IMO. He'll get no free pass from me.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey

Puppetmaster!
    or,

That makes Dan O vader.

Who's Luke?
    Go Gators!

Pitching is the thing WVRedsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by knuckler
    Reading today's article in the Enquirer, I thought it was pretty clear that O'Brien is gone as soon as Castellini can make the arrangements for a smooth transition. Hence the Williams in his office and laying the groundwork with Piniella already. Castellini spoke about how badly he wanted to get control in November when he could still have an impact on this season, which I read to mean "when I could still get a GM in place before the winter meetings".
    I thought the same thing. It's obvious that O'Brien is gone. I think he knows it and I'm nearly certain he will resign before the season starts. Let's see how that prediction plays out.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

post hype sleeper cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    That makes Dan O vader.

No. DanO is Salacious Crumb
    How, then, are those people of the future—who are taking steroids every day—going to look back on baseball players who used steroids? They're going to look back on them as pioneers. They're going to look back at it and say "So what?" - Bill James, Cooperstown and the 'Roids

The area DanO did pretty well in is in his two Drafts. I know he got slammed pretty good on this board for his picks this year but his picks have made him look pretty good so far. Maybe the new ownership should leave him in place until after the draft?

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty
    If ownership was happy with O'Brien, then why is one of the Williams' sons, Joe, moving in the GM office?
    Punishment? After all, wouldn't you feel like you were being punished if you had to work with DanO every day and listen to his drivel?
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Quote Originally Posted by Redmachine2003
    The area DanO did pretty well in is in his two Drafts. I know he got slammed pretty good on this board for his picks this year but his picks have made him look pretty good so far. Maybe the new ownership should leave him in place until after the draft?
    IIRC, most of the people on here who follow such things thought this year's draft was pretty good. The year before that was a different story.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Your killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Az Red
    The Reds now have an owner who is known throughout baseball. He's not a banana salesman, but a baseball owner.
    Actually, he's a produce salesman.

I guess that's comparing apples to oranges, though.
    "And the fact that watching him pitch is like having someone poop on your soul." FCB on Gary Majewski

Your killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marc_Lancaster
    I'm not sure where you guys are getting the idea Dan and John weren't there yesterday. They most definitely were -- along with Dean Taylor, Brad Kullman, Johnny Almaraz, Tim Naehring, Grant Griesser...basically everyone in baseball operations.

They just weren't up at the podium with the new ownership, and I don't know why they would have been. It was Castellini's day.

(OK, back to the cave)
    Well, I read it on some post here. I guess I jumped at the idea being true since I want DanO gone so bad.

Sorry.

Who knows, maybe with the changes, DanO can turn it around. I won't hold my breath, but miracles happen.
    "And the fact that watching him pitch is like having someone poop on your soul." FCB on Gary Majewski

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R
    IIRC, most of the people on here who follow such things thought this year's draft was pretty good. The year before that was a different story.
    I went back and read the Draft day Thread and trust me other than Bruce and Ward all the other draft pics people wear scratching their heads or ripping DanO big time. When they picked Wood with the second pick all heck broke loose. People where asking if DanO was trying to get fired. Myself I liked both of his drafts. The only problem I had with them was they where so young and the minors where so dried up that it would take a few more years to see the results.

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili
    No. DanO is Salacious Crumb
    That guy had a name??

Learns something new everyday
    Go Gators!

If all this is true, then I guess we'll now see just how good (or bad) of a GM DanO really is - if Allen was making, or very influential, in all the decisions.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    I guess we'll now see just how good (or bad) of a GM DanO really is
    OK, only give him 4 more years so we can be really sure

Turn Off Ads?