Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ohio State Football Recruiting update (if you're interested...)

Re: Ohio State Football Recruiting update (if you're interested...)

Quote Originally Posted by MWM
    I like the recruiting class, but I just don't see them being the best team in the country. They're losing 3 out of their defenseive linebackers and all 3 starting linebackers. I'm also concerned they're losing 2 offensive lineman who played really well most of last year. They're going to have some growing pains next year.
    While I agree that the defense could struggle early due to lack of experiece, the projected D that they will field is extremely talented. I think their talent will make up for the lack of experience before it's all said and done.

The offense will not skip a beat, they might even be a tad more potent. Smith is really coming into his own and with the loss of Holmes, Ginn will get the ball in his hands more which is never a bad thing. Chris Wells could have a Maurice Clarett type impact next season if given the chance....he's that good, if not better than Maurice.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

2. Turn Off Ads?
    RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

I like the recruiting class, but I just don't see them being the best team in the country. They're losing 3 out of their defenseive linebackers and all 3 starting linebackers. I'm also concerned they're losing 2 offensive lineman who played really well most of last year. They're going to have some growing pains next year.
    I agree that I would rather they not be ranked #1 going into the season. That's a lot of pressure, given the number of new starters they'll be fielding at skill positions.

If they can get by the Texas game, they might have a chance to run the table. But playing in Austin scares the hell out of me.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

If they can get by the Texas game, they might have a chance to run the table. But playing in Austin scares the hell out of me.
    Me too. But at least Vince Young isn't there anymore. I had figured Vince would pull his Superman act yet again and pull out the game ala OSU and USC.

OSU's defense will be young and talented but will have to gel fast. How fast will be the key to the season.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Here's a story on Josh Chichester. OSU pulled their scholarship offer due to academic concerns. While it stinks losing a top prospect like him, it's really not a huge loss because the Bucks are already very deep at WR.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/sport...hichester.html

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by max venable
    It's really not a huge loss because the Bucks are already very deep at WR.
    Hopefully they can convert some of those WRs to DBs, since they lost 3 key players in the defensive backfield.

Anybody heard anything about Larry Grant? Where does he stand? I'm hearing that he's most likely going to be a Buckeye but I haven't heard anything offical yet.

University of Cincinnati

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    Redsfan30, Ray Small is an absolute lock for Ohio State. Zero chance of USC getting him. All Glenville players go to OSU.

OSU is having a great class, but the class that Florida and USC is bringing in is sick. I believe SC has 7 five star commits so far with a solid chance at three more.

Florida landed the #1 recruit a few weeks back in Percy Harvin of Virginia Beach.

Actually Florida State landed the #1 recruit in Myron Rolle who is a CB

right now tho Florida has the best recuriting class followed by USC, Texas, i forget 4th ranked but ND was #5
    THE University of Cincinnati

Depends who you ask about the #1 recruit. Some say Chris Wells, Percy Harvin, Myron Rolle, Mitch Mustain, or even Timmy Tebow.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

You're killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

I am curious about this Wells feller. Can't wait to see him!

Quote Originally Posted by StillFunkyB
    I am curious about this Wells feller. Can't wait to see him!
    He's Maurice Clarett without all the baggage and Clarett's questionable work ethic.

Kid's a stud. He'll be around for 3 years and declare early.

Although Ohio State's recuiting isn't number one all the time, the one constant is Jim Tressel recruiting Ohio guys to fit his system. He does get a few out of state folks, but his main focus is Ohio. When Ohio has a bad year, he will have a down year.

The last 4 years I will take as a Buckeyes fan.
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by max venable
    Anybody heard anything about Larry Grant? Where does he stand? I'm hearing that he's most likely going to be a Buckeye but I haven't heard anything offical yet.
    Larry Grant committed to Ohio State this morning. He's officially in the fold.

Grant is a HUGE commit! A job well done to JT and the boys. It's good to be a Buckeye fan right now!

In looking at JT's recruiting class...what a great job he did at reloading the LB position. Four or five 4-star recruits there: Gibson, Grant, Homan, Johnson, Moeller. They're loaded at LB for years to come.

I hope to see Mike D'Andrea, Marcus Freeman and Thaddeus Gibson/Larry Grant to start the year.

While there is the inexperience factor, there is a metric ton of talent in that group.

Turn Off Ads?