Turn Off Ads?

Thread: A Worse Idea Than Friends Returning To TV

A Worse Idea Than Friends Returning To TV

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060123/...afuoco_reunion

NEW YORK - More than a decade after 16-year-old Amy Fisher had a sexual relationship with a much-older car mechanic and shot his wife in the face, the one-time "Long Island Lolita" and Joey and Mary Jo Buttafuoco have agreed to appear together in a televised reunion.

All three have signed on for the appearance, which has yet to be sold to a network, television producer David Krieff told the New York Post for Monday editions.

"It's time to just put it behind us," Fisher, now 31, told the newspaper. "We played this all out in a public eye. It'd be interesting to let the public see the healing process at the end. They saw everything else — why not let them see the final product?"

Fisher spent seven years in prison.

Joey Buttafuoco, who was jailed for statutory rape following the 1992 shooting, said he planned to ask Fisher to explain her actions.

"I've been asked about a million times by Mary Jo, `Why did Amy shoot me?' I was never able to get that answer," said Buttafuoco, now 49.

"There's going to be a lot of shocking revelations, and that's why I'm excited to sit down to do this," he said.

The Buttafuocos moved to California and divorced in 2003. Mary Jo, who remains partially paralyzed from the shooting, is engaged.

Joey Buttafuoco, who has remarried, was sentenced in March 2004 to a year in jail and five years' probation after pleading guilty to felony insurance fraud. In August, he pleaded not guilty to charges that he violated probation by possessing ammunition.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Designated Threadkiller LincolnparkRed's Avatar

Re: A Worse Idea Than Friends Returning To TV

Sounds like some mortgage payments are coming due. I imagine most people who weren't in high school or older probably have no idea who they are.

This is the awesomest thing I've seen since I stepped in dog poop walking out to my car this morning.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

I see Dark things here... DARK THINGS.......

Here's hoping they hold the reunion on a very special episode of "Skating with Celebrities."
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

I used to think Amy Fisher was so hot.

Wonder how she's looking these days.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Quote Originally Posted by wheels
    I used to think Amy Fisher was so hot.

Wonder how she's looking these days.
    Try "Google" - you would be glad you did!

Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath
    Try "Google" - you would be glad you did!

Prison is a good place to make that daily workout a habit.

Apparently that workout involves plucking your eyebrows bald and drawing them in with a stencil.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Turn Off Ads?