Turn Off Ads?

Thread: We are in great shape money wise

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

We are in great shape money wise

thanks to the smart idea to give out 1 year contracts. our new gm can analyze the needs of this team, who to keep and get rid of and have plenty of freedom to build HIS team

im so happy. i always wanted cast and believed in him, but this still makes my day. i really believe he knows what he is doing and is gonna make us good again

Re: We are in great shape money wise

I was actually curious about this. We know what payroll we have, except Dunn and Lopez and we know the high end there. We know the budget, 60 or 65M, don't remember what was said. So how do we really stack up right now with all the chaff from last year gone and Casey out and arb guys in?

I am not sure where to even look up the numbers, but I have seen them around here before.

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyenut
    I was actually curious about this. We know what payroll we have, except Dunn and Lopez and we know the high end there. We know the budget, 60 or 65M, don't remember what was said. So how do we really stack up right now with all the chaff from last year gone and Casey out and arb guys in?

I am not sure where to even look up the numbers, but I have seen them around here before.

The best place to look up salaries or rosters is my web site. On the Salary side, you can see obligations for this year, 2007-2008, and (at this point) actual payrolls back to 2003

http://www.redsinsite.com/playerinfo/salary_chart.php
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

Wouldn't it be nice if Milton declined his player option for next year?

Kinda like saying he's sorry for everything he put the fans through.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Quote Originally Posted by wheels
    Wouldn't it be nice if Milton declined his player option for next year?

Kinda like saying he's sorry for everything he put the fans through.
    Would you turn down $9 million when you know you wont get a 1/4 of that somewhere else?

Quote Originally Posted by harangatang
    Would you turn down $9 million when you know you wont get a 1/4 of that somewhere else?
    Ummm...I was being fecetious.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Wheels...That'd be like Pete Rose admitting he gambled the first time he was asked.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Turn Off Ads?