Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New GM

New GM

Name who you want to see. i really dont know who all is available at this moment. not saying we get one now. we could go with kullman for a while till a guy castellini wants is available. i mean kullman did ok last time he was put in this spot.

btw, how bout all the guys castellini is bringing in to get in put. all the former players, now beattie to help with pitching

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: New GM

I wouldn't be a bit surpirised if Beattie ends up with the job.

Quote Originally Posted by harangatang
    I wouldn't be a bit surpirised if Beattie ends up with the job.
    I agree

Quote Originally Posted by steig
    I agree
    how did he do in bmore, any players/deals of note

i dont remember him

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

I haven't had time really make a list of my own, but Kullman performs similarly to how he handled the job when he and Leyland Maddox ran the show after Bowden got axed, he could play himself into the job.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Lance McAlister suggested after today's presser that 2 of the Assistant GMs in St. Louis are likely to be on the BobCast short list. One was John Mozeliak, who is their Assistant General Manager/Director, Baseball Operations. I think the other name was Bruce Manno, their Director of Player Development.

dont know anything about them, but where they come from def intrigues me. i think the biggest thing i like about cast is he said he will get people in here that know what they are doing and LET THEM DO THEIR JOB. i love the sound of that

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor
    I haven't had time really make a list of my own, but Kullman performs similarly to how he handled the job when he and Leyland Maddox ran the show after Bowden got axed, he could play himself into the job.
    Anyone want some more Harangs and Claussens on the Reds?

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor
    He was dealing from more of a position of strength at that time. The only thing the Reds have in abundance is second baseman. If he can spin the surplus there into pitching gold, he'd get my vote for the job.

It might also be a case of "Be careful what you wish for" if he unloads an OF or the new 1B.

Retired

A quick look at Beattie's stats aren't that impressive. His winning percentage is around 45%, he never won a division, his best season was in 1996 when the Expos posted 88 wins, worst season was in 1998 when the Expos lost 97 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life
    A quick look at Beattie's stats aren't that impressive. His winning percentage is around 45%, he never won a division, his best season was in 1996 when the Expos posted 88 wins, worst season was in 1998 when the Expos lost 97 games.
    Did he have decent players? Payroll?
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    Did he have decent players? Payroll?
    I remember the Expos having some pathetic payroll figures around 1998 or so (like $10million total payroll?), but I'm not sure on the figures. The O's 2005 payroll was in the $75 million range, they finished 74-88 and Beattie was fired on 10/11/2005.

Hard to say what kind of job he did in Baltimore being that he was co-gm with Flanigan and worked under Angelos. Probably not the best working environment.
    School's out. What did you expect?

I heard Jack Bauer was going interview.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

I really hope Beattie doesn't get a whiff of the GM's position. I'll just quietly clamor for a guy like Krivsky or Kullman and keep my hands folded proper-like.
    “And when finally they sense that some position cannot be sustained, they do not re-examine their ideas. Instead, they simply change the subject.” Jamie Galbraith

Turn Off Ads?