Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rumor: Reds turned down Kearns for Westbrook

Re: Rumor: Reds turned down Kearns for Westbrook

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    I'm sure if BC wasn't in the office at the time then he had a mole or a perhaps his interaction with DO was enough to make him move quicker than anticipated.

I still believe that BC decided long ago to sack DanO immediately upon taking over.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog
    I believe REDREAD is referring to a deal that was rumored to be on the table during spring training 2005. Kearns' trade value has obviously diminished since then while Lee's has significantly gone up.
    Yes, it was this past spring.. If the Indians offered Westbrook again (recently), I apologize. I thought the writer was talking about the offer that was on the table this spring.

And yes, DanO was asleep at the wheel last spring. He should've cashed in either Pena or Kearns. Now both are worth less than they were a year ago.
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by Heath
    Hey I'm Ken Rosenthal.

Throw something against a wall...and maybe it will stick.
    The only thing that is surprising about this rumor is that it wasn't written about by Gammons.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Westbrook isn't that bad. 4.49 ERA and was 4th in the AL in IP. That would be a good combo to add to our horrible rotation. Doesn't really give up a bunch of HRs (19), career 4.40 ERA. Throws a sinker too, which is a plus.

I agree that it wouldn't be a good idea to trade Kearns for him though, just sayin' he's not that bad. I think I would swap Kearns for Westbrook, and a good pitching prospect or something.

Yeah you guys are right...Westbrook is nice, but he would get thrown around in the G.A.B.

Austin might have Batted higher but with less Power numbers in Jacobs...

JaredRoberts.com

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62
    I still believe that BC decided long ago to sack DanO immediately upon taking over.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

There's another rumor that the Red Sox were going to trade Clement for Kearns to send to Cleveland as part of their deal for Coco Crisp, a deal that appears to be dying over Mota's failed physical.

Womack for Clement...

I personally think that 2 single trades Got Dan O'Brein canned....

Womack for 2 Prospects....

Casey for Williams, because simply a Beane, Schurholtz, or Cashman would have netted atleast LHP Oliver Perez...

JaredRoberts.com

Westbrook is a sinkerball pitcher. Isn't that the type the Reds are looking at?
    Last edited by Krusty; 01-25-2006 at 02:12 AM.
    If you think small, you'll go nowhere in life.

Quote Originally Posted by Krusty
    Westbrook is a sinkerball pitcher. Isn't that the type the Reds are looking at?
    He still gives up a ton of hits, they would just be doubles instead of HR's.

Pass.
    Go Gators!

Casey for Williams, because simply a Beane, Schurholtz, or Cashman would have netted atleast LHP Oliver Perez...
    There's absolutely no way the Reds, no matter who the GM is, were going to get Perez for anything less than Adam Dunn. I'm really not sure why you insist otherwise.

The trade O'Brien made stunk, but if you were expecting Oliver Perez for one year of Sean Casey, I don't know what to tell you.

The guys DanO probably should have been fishing for in the Casey deal were Ian Snell, Tom Gorzelanny and Bryan Bullington. The Bucs have a power hitting catching prospect named Ronny Paulino who interests me as well. The Bucs aren't that high on him, which leads me to believe he's got some defensive hiccups to overcome, but that sure beats the whole lot of nothing the Reds have in their catching pipeline.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    The guys DanO probably should have been fishing for in the Casey deal were Ian Snell, Tom Gorzelanny and Bryan Bullington. The Bucs have a power hitting catching prospect named Ronny Paulino who interests me as well. The Bucs aren't that high on him, which leads me to believe he's got some defensive hiccups to overcome, but that sure beats the whole lot of nothing the Reds have in their catching pipeline.
    Do we know tha O'Brien didn't ask for these guys and got turned down cold?

We've all heard and articulated Sean Casey's weaknesses. Surely its possible that other organizations have figured out the same things and refused to give up any real value.

I know it's a GM's job to polish up junk and pawn them off as value, but there are just some lemons that a used car salesman can't get rid of, no matter how much he sugarcoast it. :
    Opinions are like belly buttons. Everybody has one, and they don't want someone else's shoved into their face.

Turn Off Ads?