Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Reds official RedsZone member

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Re: Reds oficial RedsZone member

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFan
    I'd say give the team rep some sort of mod access...
    You want the FO to be able to delete posts about things they don't want discussed?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFan
    I'd say give the team rep some sort of mod access...
    Not sure how MLB would feel about that considering we aren't officially affiliated with the Reds.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor
    IIRC, when the boards split back in the spring, the resident "Media Type" Mr. Marc_Lancaster was given a courtesy 200 points of reputation so that he could post on either board.
    Sorry question was tongue in cheek. Just didn't put the emoticon. Hey can I change my name - I will now be known as Mr_Castellini

The process is easy. Boss/GIK/whomever contacts the team via e-mail, inviting further contact via a phone number. Contact is made and a user name is agreed upon that gets 200 rep points. Boss/Gik/whomever introduces the new poster to the board, thereby providing verification of his/her identity. Viola!
    Makes all the routine posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted
    You want the FO to be able to delete posts about things they don't want discussed?
    This place would be dead
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor

Incidentally, if you are actually Aaron Harang, I'd be quite interested to know.
    I'm not Aaron Harang, just makin a point.

Haunted by walks

Quote Originally Posted by Redsland
    Viola!
    Former players are welcome here, even if he only pitched three games for the Reds.

Here are a few questions to put to the ownership:

What kind of say would the owner have in choosing the next manager: No say, final approval, or suggesting names?

Will the owner ever overrule the GM on a trade?

Will you be able to decide on a GM by Opening Day?

Do you expect the new GM to have experience at the GM level?

Is Adam Dunn the Mark McGwire the Reds need to become the Cardinals?

How will you turn Indianapolis, Columbus, Charleston and Lexington into a Cincinnati market?

What development possibilities are there for the sparse land around the stadium?

What can you do to improve the broadcast coverage in West Virginia, eastern Kentucky and southeastern Ohio?

What are your expectations for over-the-air TV games?

For the baseball people:

How do you feel about drafting high school pitchers vs. college pitchers?

There's been talk about the need to manufacture runs, but the Reds offense was among the league leaders in scoring runs. Do the Reds really need small ball with this lineup?

Will the homer-friendly ballpark affect your approach to drafts and trades?

Will the organization be able to sign the best available player in the draft?

How does the organization feel about giving young players at-bats vs. playing steadier players on the downhill side of their careers?

Is this team as it is now the kind that could make a pennant run, or is it a year away, or longer?

FWIW, I was able to get interviews with EdE, DMos, and Bergolla year before last....

Just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by Heath
    we might be harsh, but some call us cute....and housebroken (well, 10 of us anyway)

I do know that Danny Graves used to read Redszone, but I don't know if he ever posted on here as anyone.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

I've sent a message to Brad Kullman, I'm waiting to hear back from him.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

I don't have the slightest idea if its ever been discussed 'round these parts but there was an interesting development on a Redskins message board I've been a part of, Extremeskins.com.

The board had long been the definitive Redskins message board on the internet (like Redszone is to the Reds). It is/was quite a bit larger than Redszone but still offers the best community of fans and was the best source for breaking news. I don't have a clue as to the details of how it happened since I never followed the storyline behind it all that closely, but now Extremeskins is the "Official" message board of the Redskins. I know a rep from Daniel Snyder or the skins contacted the site admins and got the deal done. I believe Snyder even takes care of their hosting bills now, but I could be wrong. At any rate, the deal was extremely beneficial for both parties. The Skins generated plenty of goodwill from thousands of fans and got a well ran and well populated message board to add to their own site (drawing visitors). Extremeskins gets weekly interview access to a player or coach or front office type (Clinton Portis, Jon Jansen, Joe Bugel, et cetera) as well as other perks such as media access to games.

It'd be nice for Redszone and the Reds if other teams would wise up to this progressive strategy, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by halcyon
    I don't have the slightest idea if its ever been discussed 'round these parts but there was an interesting development on a Redskins message board I've been a part of, Extremeskins.com.

The board had long been the definitive Redskins message board on the internet (like Redszone is to the Reds). It is/was quite a bit larger than Redszone but still offers the best community of fans and was the best source for breaking news. I don't have a clue as to the details of how it happened since I never followed the storyline behind it all that closely, but now Extremeskins is the "Official" message board of the Redskins. I know a rep from Daniel Snyder or the skins contacted the site admins and got the deal done. I believe Snyder even takes care of their hosting bills now, but I could be wrong. At any rate, the deal was extremely beneficial for both parties. The Skins generated plenty of goodwill from thousands of fans and got a well ran and well populated message board to add to their own site (drawing visitors). Extremeskins gets weekly interview access to a player or coach or front office type (Clinton Portis, Jon Jansen, Joe Bugel, et cetera) as well as other perks such as media access to games.

It'd be nice for Redszone and the Reds if other teams would wise up to this progressive strategy, IMO.
    I think that's what happened to a popular Browns site as well.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

I'm really torn about the issue of getting the Reds organization involved in RedsZone. It would be exciting to have players, FO personnel and media to talk to - but OTOH RedsZone's motto is "By Reds Fans, for Reds Fans" - this is where we as fans can come to talk about the Reds with other fans.
    2024 Reds record attending: 1-0
    2024 Dragons record attending: 0-0
    2024 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

I totally agree. How would this change by gaining an association with the Reds, though?

Turn Off Ads?