Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Reds official RedsZone member

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Re: Reds oficial RedsZone member

Heath is right. This will be futile as long as Rob Butcher is the gatekeeper. Unless someone above Butcher drags him into it, kicking and screaming. It's the "someone above Butcher" who needs to be approached.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I do appreciate Marc keeping us up-to-date on the blog - and he does post here now and then.

I'm sorry Lance feels threatened here.

I guess we are down to Alan Cutler....
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

This could be the year Phil in BG's Avatar

Well, Mr. Castellini has stated that he wants the Reds to make the fans happy. He also wants to promote the Reds more. THis may be one little way in doing that. Rob Butcher may be on his way out too.

Quote Originally Posted by KittyDuran
    I think TC is talking about media types in general, including McCoy, Fay, Marty, Steve S., Furrball, etc. The only media that has posted on RedsZone has been Lance McAlister and maybe Marc Lancaster.
    That's what I meant. We can be a pretty harsh group. I think BCubb has the right idea. Come up with a list of questions and submit them.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey
    That's what I meant. We can be a pretty harsh group. I think BCubb has the right idea. Come up with a list of questions and submit them.
    we might be harsh, but some call us cute....and housebroken (well, 10 of us anyway)

Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFan
    I know DanO is gone and even after I defended him I know that is a good move. The communication thing through RedsZone would be huge...maybe do special ticket prices for specific dates where RedsZoners do a picture day or a autograph day or something like that...I am just thinking of the good will it would create and how I'd love it.
    I know that the Cleveland Cavs have special ticket prices on certain games available to members of their message board. However their message board is on clevelandcavaliers.com. so that isnt that much of a pipe dream. I am in the process of trying to set-up an interview with a management level person in the marketing/sales department of the Reds for school, so I can slip a question in there about RedsZone.

IIRC, others who have claimed to have insider information have been ridiculed (maimed) as well. To name one, Team Clark. There have been others whose names escape me.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    IIRC, others who have claimed to have insider information have been ridiculed (maimed) as well. To name one, Team Clark. There have been others whose names escape me.
    Some others are BigDonkey and Creek. And didn't Red Storm have connections as well?
    2023 Reds record attending: 13-18 FINAL
    2023 Dragons record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    2023 Y'Alls record attending: 0-0 FINAL
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

There have been others whose names escape me.
    Guess I'm easily forgotten.
    There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

They wheeled a 3x4 steel safe into the clubhouse Sunday morning to store the players' valuables. It took four guys to lift it off a dolly and onto a table.

Said pitcher Kent Mercker: "What's that, Junior Griffey's wallet?"

i'd imagine that one of the players wouldn't mind making a cameo now and again...i'd much rather have that than one of the front office types who would most assuredly give us the corporate line on every occasion.

I used to be in a strato-league for a while that included Schilling and during the course of trade offers/negotiations and general league chatter it was interesting to get his off the cuff opinions on several of the players around the league as well as some situational stuff, etc..

Maybe you shouldn't run every newbie off, you never know who could be typing on that keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeybro
    Guess I'm easily forgotten.
    Coffeybro: I appreciate that your connected to a player but I am thinking of someone in the front office...certainly we all appreciate you.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't one of the Williams owner's sons going to be working in the marketing department - Maybe he can be the "internet liaison". We'd get baseball and ownership information then.

I would have a question though - will he have to go through the reputation system?

I'd say give the team rep some sort of mod access...
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nugget
    I would have a question though - will he have to go through the reputation system?
    IIRC, when the boards split back in the spring, the resident "Media Type" Mr. Marc_Lancaster was given a courtesy 200 points of reputation so that he could post on either board.

Quote Originally Posted by harangatang
    Maybe you shouldn't run every newbie off, you never know who could be typing on that keyboard.
    Nobody around here "runs" newbies off. Some people, it seems to me, get frustrated that 1.) Mere assertions of their feelings on issues or unsubstantiated claims don't hold water when other people present numbers, facts, and observations to back up their points to the contrary; 2.) Their posts don't change everyone's opinion to mirror their own; and 3.) Certain issues have been so beaten to death in the past (see: Dunn, Adam and "strike out") that there is a low threshold of tolerance for points that have alread been made ad naseum. Most people get smarter (count me as one of them -- my first posts around here were horridly ignorant), others get angry.

And you're right, nobody knows who is behind the keyboard -- but I think that (like all things in life) eventually quality filters it's way through. I wouldn't be surprised if there are some people living "double lives" as both insiders and message board contributors. That actually makes things a little bit fun.

Incidentally, if you are actually Aaron Harang, I'd be quite interested to know.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Turn Off Ads?