Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Reds official RedsZone member

Re: Reds oficial RedsZone member

Quote Originally Posted by paulrichjr
    Making them mad??? Who cares if they are? What are they going to do? Stop coming here and answering questions.

I personally think that this would be a very cool thing and it would not stop me or anyone else of being critical when needed.

Nor would it stop me. But do you think DanO would be showing up here if he were still in power after the last month?

I'm not suggesting that anyone or anything would change, but I'm also not oblivious to the potential problems.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor
    I guess this will truly test the old question "Is there really no such thing as bad publicity?"

Personally, I think it'd be amusing to find out that, at some point, two members of the Reds front office were discussing something they read on here.

Suit #1: "So, you been on RedsZone today?"
    Suit #2: "Yeah, I saw Steel busted your Kearns-for-Westbrook idea pretty bad"
    Suit #1: "You can't make those idiots happy -- they're screaming for groundball pitchers one day, then they rake you over when you try to bring one in."
    Suit #2: "Well, I gave him rep points for it."
    Funny stuff...
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

Anytime you have more interaction between the team and the fans, it's a good thing. I look forward to whatever GIK and Boss might be able to work out, if they can hook up with the Reds FO.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor
    I guess this will truly test the old question "Is there really no such thing as bad publicity?"

Personally, I think it'd be amusing to find out that, at some point, two members of the Reds front office were discussing something they read on here.

Suit #1: "So, you been on RedsZone today?"
    Suit #2: "Yeah, I saw Steel busted your Kearns-for-Westbrook idea pretty bad"
    Suit #1: "You can't make those idiots happy -- they're screaming for groundball pitchers one day, then they rake you over when you try to bring one in."
    Suit #2: "Well, I gave him rep points for it."

Or how about this post exchange, when someone's cover is blown?:

Poster #1: Hey, I know you. You're Adam Dunn, aren't you?
    SacFlyKing: I'm sorry, you must be confused. I'm just another poster here. I'm not a ballplayer.
    Poster #2: No way, you're definitely Dunn. Creek loves you and a lot of us dig your OPS, but my dad thinks you strike out too much.
    SacFlyKing: Listen, whoever you are. I've been hearing that crap ever since A Ball. I'm out there getting big hits and working the count every night. Let's see your old man stand in against major league pitching 4 times a night and not K a few times.

(apologies to "Airplane!")
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee
    Or how about this post exchange, when someone's cover is blown?:

Poster #1: Hey, I know you. You're Adam Dunn, aren't you?
    SacFlyKing: I'm sorry, you must be confused. I'm just another poster here. I'm not a ballplayer.
    Poster #2: No way, you're definitely Dunn. Creek loves you and a lot of us dig your OPS, but my dad thinks you strike out too much.
    SacFlyKing: Listen, whoever you are. I've been hearing that crap ever since A Ball. I'm out there getting big hits and working the count every night. Let's see your old man stand in against major league pitching 4 times a night and not K a few times.

(apologies to "Airplane!")
    Stick to your guns.

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    if a Reds official came by and said that Eric Milton will have a big year you could expect a spirited exchange on why that's as likely as him giving live birth to a coelacanth.

Stick to your guns.

Both John Henry and Curt Schilling have posted at SoSH. IIRC, the big thing they were concerned about (especially Schilling) was a member of the media taking information they posted on the forums and printing it in the papers. In fact, in some of Schilling's posts he ended with a warning to the media that if they want to talk to him about anything he said, they know where his locker is located and know of other means of reaching him.
    Last edited by Cyclone792; 01-29-2006 at 07:03 PM.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Email sent. Thanks again, sava, for the introductions. Hopefully some great back-and-forth with come from all of this.

This is a Great Idea

Can't wait to read the Q&A threads !

Just thought I'd throw a little bit out there. I went to the Reds caravan last night in Nicholasville, and mentioned Redszone to Coffey, Kearns and PhilCast. All three, and of course Todd, said they knew of the site, so we're definitely not an unknown. And you know that if Todd and Austin know about the site, then most of the club probably does.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerScottDavis
    Just thought I'd throw a little bit out there. I went to the Reds caravan last night in Nicholasville, and mentioned Redszone to Coffey, Kearns and PhilCast. All three, and of course Todd, said they knew of the site, so we're definitely not an unknown. And you know that if Todd and Austin know about the site, then most of the club probably does.
    Hey Austin! More cardio kickboxing!
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

I would like to ask the FO who currently on the roster are they looking to build the team around in the future. Who do they view as the catalyst for the Reds beyond 2006?

Also, why should the fans come out to the park to watch the 2006 Cincinnati Reds?

I'd be interested in hearing the answers to those questions.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by TylerScottDavis
    I went to the Reds caravan last night in Nicholasville, and mentioned Redszone to Coffey, Kearns and PhilCast.
    So, the million dollar question... how did Austin look?
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    So, the million dollar question... how did Austin look?
    Judge for yourself. Looks like he's been booed too much, though.

http://tinyurl.com/9y8ds
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Oh, Chip... that was a cruel joke... but extremely funny!

I'm glad I flipped back through the pictures to find these... he looks good!!!!! In fact, I think he looks like he's lost even more weight.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Turn Off Ads?