Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: List of potential GM's from the Enquirer

Re: List of potential GM's from the Enquirer

Betcha it comes down to either Beattie or Kullman.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

2. Turn Off Ads?

Thanks for posting that RedsIn07

All I want out if a GM is past success as a GM or coming from an organization with a lot of success.
    Go Gators!

I'd like DePodesta, Krivsky, or Almaraz--the guy who found Adam Dunn

Read today about Dan Jennings of the Marlins. Anyone know if he is a viable candidate?

This could be the year Phil in BG's Avatar

It only makes sense that Jim Beattie would be the front runner. He was brought in from another organization. He obviously can't be hired until the process is completed without a fine and he's here on the job to a point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61
    Read today about Dan Jennings of the Marlins. Anyone know if he is a viable candidate?
    I interviewed Dan Jennings last year.... if anyone wants to read it

linky poo
    woo woo woo, you know it

I wonder why Kim Ng was not added to the list? Does she have the background to fill the position? Sounds like it...

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...601250396/1071
    "Some of the guys who pitched well for us last year aren't going to make the ballclub," Narron said.

Pete Rose, when asked by David Letterman who he likes in the MLB playoffs:

"You sound like you're betting on baseball."

Michael Hill: Assistant general manager with the Marlins since 2002 was born and raised in Cincinnati.
    That would be my choice.

All dyslexics must untie!

What are Muzzy Jackson and Dijon Watson doing, these days?

Been there, done that re: deep-sea fishing for Marlins
    Never overlook the obvious

I like what I've heard of Hill - I'd like a young agressive type guy. Might not be what Cast is looking for though and his vote counts twice what mine does.

Your killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

I like what I just read about Hill...Thanks ramp!

I'm also curious about Kim Ng. That would be intresting.

Katie seems to be doing a pretty decent job at that other stadium down the street....
    "And the fact that watching him pitch is like having someone poop on your soul." FCB on Gary Majewski

Its going to very hard to get a new GM b/c they all know that the reds an't going to be willing to spend any money so that these GM's will have an easier time to sign a player or trade for one.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

Quote Originally Posted by cReds1
    I wonder why Kim Ng was not added to the list? Does she have the background to fill the position? Sounds like it...

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...601250396/1071
    I have some thoughts on why the press isn't giving her any print time

Hopefully the owner is, she has just as good and even better qualifications then some of the other names mentioned.
    Go Gators!

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

I wonder how strong Castellini's requirement for prior experience is? There was a series of articles provided awhile ago that provided insight into the Indians current FO, which would have included Antonetti. My impression from those articles was a very heavy emphasis on statistical analysis using proprietary software. I'm assuming that knowledge base would travel with Antonetti. Any thoughts/opinions here?

Indians' exec fits Reds' bill
    BY JOHN FAY AND KEVIN KELLY | ENQUIRER STAFF WRITERS

The official field for the Reds' general manager's job remains at two, but it looks to be growing.

Brad Kullman, the team's interim GM, and Jim Beattie, a former Expos and Orioles GM, are the only ones that have expressed interest in the job and are on owner Bob Castellini's list.

The Reds had not received permission to release the names of any candidates as of late Wednesday.

Twins assistant GM Wayne Krivsky likely will be on the list, as will Cleveland assistant GM Chris Antonetti as soon as the Reds can go through official channels and clear the way. The Reds had not contacted Krivsky or Antonetti as of late Wednesday afternoon.

The 30-year-old Antonetti has spent the past seven seasons with the Indians, and the past four in his current position overseeing the information systems within the baseball operations department and handling all aspects of player arbitration.

"He is definitively a bright star," Indians GM Mark Shapiro said Wednesday. "Of all the bright young guys that have been around the game, Chris is as talented, as intelligent, with interpersonal skills as good as anybody I've been around.

"He's ready to be GM whenever he wants to be one. When he is one he won't just be an average GM. He'll be an impact GM."

Antonetti holds a bachelor's degree in business administration from Georgetown University, where he once served as a student manager for the men's basketball team, and a master's degree in sports management from the University of Massachusetts.

Citing a personal policy that any announcement about possible candidates should come from the team conducting the search, Shapiro declined to say Wednesday whether the Reds had inquired about Antonetti.

Castellini and partner Tom Williams were in New York on Tuesday and Wednesday to meet with Major League Baseball officials for a kind of "new owner's school."

Castellini hopes to have a GM in place by the start of spring training.

Hired this week as a special adviser to Castellini, the 51-year-old Beattie is viewed by many as the leading candidate. But the job simply cannot be filled immediately as Major League Baseball mandates there be an interview process and that minority candidates be considered.
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

Look for a definitive list of gm candidates to surface later this afternoon.

Turn Off Ads?