Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: List of potential GM's from the Enquirer

Re: List of potential GM's from the Enquirer

I really like Kullman but I wonder if he's been tainted by being with the Reds these many years. Bob might want to find someone who brings an entire new philosophy in with them.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

2. Turn Off Ads?

Beattie makes me nervous enough just as a man who has the ear of Castellini. He might be a disaster as the Reds GM.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynRedz
    Look for a definitive list of gm candidates to surface later this afternoon.
    Any previews for us, Brooklyn?

Clemson

Is anyone else really hoping for krivsky? The man has learned how to build through a farm system to create a winner in minnesota and thats exactly what we need here

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life
    Any previews for us, Brooklyn?
    Not really. With the new ownership in NYC this week huddled in MLB classes (I can't believe such a thing actually exists), there isn't much to really go on. However, I think the Enquirer is playing up the Cleveland guys a bit much. Not saying (a) they aren't qualified or (b) they won't get a good look, but I think Krivsky is a sleeper in all this. I, for one, would LOVE to be a fly on the wall during Krivsky's interview. It'd be particularly interesting to hear how he would have attacked the Reds' problems two years ago and what he would do now (and going forward) to turn this ship around.

That's about it. Like I said, nothing but speculation until that list surfaces...

Marc's blog is hinting that the list of candidates might be delayed until tomorrow for some reason:

"And, we wait...

Apparently, the Reds aren't going to officially release any names on the GM candidate list today, which they'd told us they would.

So, as always, stay tuned..."
    And this one belongs to the Reds!!!- Hall of Famer Marty Brennaman

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

It wouldn't shock me if Mr. Castellini already knows who's going to get the job, but has to go through the interview process that MLB has set up.

Going into the job, he knew he was going to fire DanO....so why may he not know who's going to replace him?

This could be the year Phil in BG's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw
    It wouldn't shock me if Mr. Castellini already knows who's going to get the job, but has to go through the interview process that MLB has set up.

Going into the job, he knew he was going to fire DanO....so why may he not know who's going to replace him?
    And that could be the reason he brought Jim Beattie in.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil in BG
    But Beattie doesn't have the "vision" thing that Cast was talking about. Beattie is to obvious and DanO Jr. Huge downer if he was hired.

As CRF30 noted, there will be no list today. They hope to get it out tomorrow.

As for Beattie, I believe his current role of advisor should be an indication that he will not get the nod. I look for him to remain with the club in some capacity, but certainly not as GM.

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynRedz
    As CRF30 noted, there will be no list today. They hope to get it out tomorrow.

As for Beattie, I believe his current role of advisor should be an indication that he will not get the nod. I look for him to remain with the club in some capacity, but certainly not as GM.
    I agree that the advisorship probably was the kiss of death for Beattie's shot at GM. Just a hunch I have.

I like what I read about Chris Antonetti. We need one of the young up and comers.

We all pretty much figured he'd get an interview anyways right?

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2307659

Quote Originally Posted by Clemson
    Is anyone else really hoping for krivsky? The man has learned how to build through a farm system to create a winner in minnesota and thats exactly what we need here
    If no veteran winning GM is available, I would like to see Krivsky get the job. Last time around, it seemed like he was the best candidate but lacked DanO's local connection. Helping to make Minn a winner was no small feat; remember, this was a team that mlb wanted to contract out of existence because of poor fan support.

Krivsky has many years of experience. He was with Texas for 14 years before spending over 10 years in Minnesota. I would prefer an experienced guy.

Also, I like the fact that Minn has found a number of top tier starting pitchers over the past several years and found them without huge free agent spending. Santana is obviously the prime example.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil in BG
    Please no.
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?