Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: List of potential GM's from the Enquirer

Re: List of potential GM's from the Enquirer

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup
    I don't want anyone associated with the Phillies front office during the Ed Wade regime.
    Agreed, we have enough dysfunction here
    Go Gators!

2. Turn Off Ads?

I've been pretty open-minded about everyone on the list (or even rumored) up until now, but if Mike Arbuckle got the job I'd be throwing-stuff furious.
    Baseball isn't a magic trick ... it doesn't get spoiled if you figure out how it works. - gonelong

I'm witchcrafting everybody.

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by M2
    I've been pretty open-minded about everyone on the list (or even rumored) up until now, but if Mike Arbuckle got the job I'd be throwing-stuff furious.
    He's no Fatty Arbuckle:

He's no Fatty Arbuckle:
    I bet he's partied in San Francisco before.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer
    He's no Fatty Arbuckle
    Heck, given his record, I'd say he's no Jon Arbuckle either...

Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

I might have missed this being posted but Rosenthal states that Antonetti indeed turned down an interview offer:

Indians assistant G.M. Chris Antonetti has turned down offers to interview for three G.M. openings — with the Diamondbacks, Red Sox and Reds — in the past several months. Antonetti is happy in Cleveland, and appears content to wait for the right job. The Nationals could replace Jim Bowden after the franchise is sold, and the Mariners likely will dump Bill Bavasi if the club flops for the third straight season. ...

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor
    Now..Garfield would be a good GM.
    Go Gators!

post hype sleeper cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    I might have missed this being posted but Rosenthal states that Antonetti indeed turned down an interview offer:

Indians assistant G.M. Chris Antonetti has turned down offers to interview for three G.M. openings — with the Diamondbacks, Red Sox and Reds — in the past several months. Antonetti is happy in Cleveland, and appears content to wait for the right job. The Nationals could replace Jim Bowden after the franchise is sold, and the Mariners likely will dump Bill Bavasi if the club flops for the third straight season. ...
    Thanks for posting this. Is a positive to know that the Reds asked him to interview.

I'm not sure where Antonetti grew up, but I know he went to Georgetown for his undergraduate studies. Just pure speculation on my part, but maybe he wants to see what shakes down there.
    How, then, are those people of the future—who are taking steroids every day—going to look back on baseball players who used steroids? They're going to look back on them as pioneers. They're going to look back at it and say "So what?" - Bill James, Cooperstown and the 'Roids

post hype sleeper cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor
    Heck, given his record, I'd say he's no Jon Arbuckle either...

This won't fly. Jon would install Lyman as Ass. GM, who would surely fire Naehring, and Install Odie as farm director.

How, then, are those people of the future—who are taking steroids every day—going to look back on baseball players who used steroids? They're going to look back on them as pioneers. They're going to look back at it and say "So what?" - Bill James, Cooperstown and the 'Roids

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili
    This won't fly. Jon would install Lyman as Ass. GM, who would surely fire Naehring, and Install Odie as farm director.
    Well, clearly if you're looking for the ideal farm hand, it's hard to go wrong with Jon's brother, Doc Boy:

Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

Turn Off Ads?