Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: O'Brien fired! Kullman interm GM, announcement at 5pm

Re: O'Brien fired! Kullman interm GM, announcement at 5pm

Quote Originally Posted by Red Leader
    I'm getting the feeling the Castellini isn't screwing around. He's going to start chopping and I don't think he'll stop until he feels confident that the only people the fans can blame losing on are the players, and I think we'll even see some movement made to shore some of the weaknesses up there as well.
    and he chose Pinella and Lou turned him down...............this year.

He also praised Narron in the Presser. Pretty good sign unless Lou changes his mind, that Narron will manage this year.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I hope he tells Narron to keep Womack and Aurilia on a short leash. Only start them to rest regulars and when injuries occur.

In other words, one start a week for each of them and no more.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Monger

Re: O'Brien fired!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792
    DePodesta.
    DePodesta sounds good to me; also what about Kim Ng?
    Reds fan in Red Sox Country

Sponsored by Chico's Bail Bonds

Austin Kearns is on WLW...kind of...they are trying to work through Tech Difficulties...
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Kearns is trying to be so nice...read between the lines and hear him saying YIPPEEEE that DanO is gone.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

C-A-T-S CATS! CATS! CATS! WVRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFan
    Kearns is trying to be so nice...read between the lines and hear him saying YIPPEEEE that DanO is gone.
    Yeah, doesnt suprise me WLW would bring on the one player who has the biggest axe to grind with DanO probably.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Waiting for a tour/album KittyDuran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFan
    2014 Reds record when I'm attending: 17-16
    2014 Dragons record when I'm attending: 2-1
    "We want to be the band to dance to when the bomb drops." - Simon Le Bon of Duran Duran

All ye of little faith.

As for those counting on Narron being fired: I wouldn't count on it. I think Castellini is content on keeping him around for at least this year.
    And this one belongs to the Reds!!!- Hall of Famer Marty Brennaman

Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    All ye of little faith.

As for those counting on Narron being fired: I wouldn't count on it. I think Castellini is content on keeping him around for at least this year.
    I'm ok with Narron being here. Are you hearing anything about Dunn and a LTD? What about any other player movement?
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

Kullman is a good interim choice. It is a shame this could not have happened before the Womack trade or Aurilia signing (or the Milton signing). I was pleased with the 2005 draft though - props to DanO on that (and not much more).

Great start. This brightened my day immeasurably. Maybe we will stop signing old second basemen now.

This also cinches it, going to head into the XM fold in the next month. At least I feel a glimmer of hope returning.

They're playing the clip from Dan O'Brien thanking everyone under the sun at his introductory news conference on WLW.....
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

I was contemplating skipping MLB extra innings on PPV this year. This does renew some hope (for now).

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30
    They're playing the clip from Dan O'Brien thanking everyone under the sun at his introductory news conference on WLW.....

Wow, that's way below the belt.
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan30
    I'm ok with Narron being here. Are you hearing anything about Dunn and a LTD? What about any other player movement?
    I haven't heard anything about Dunn yet. I imagine that will be addressed within the next couple of weeks after this press conference takes place. No other word on player moves, but I expect we could see some things happen after the firing is official. I'm looking into more details.
    And this one belongs to the Reds!!!- Hall of Famer Marty Brennaman

Turn Off Ads?