Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trader Jack

Trader Jack

WLWT called Trader Jack and said he would be interested in the GM job. I think he would be a good fit, no one evalutes talent as well as Trader Jack.

:

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Trader Jack

Ugh! Just the thought makes me break into a cold sweat, possibly from anger that he'd even be considered.

That's all I have to say.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone
    Ugh! Just the thought makes me break into a cold sweat, possibly from anger that he'd even be considered.

That's all I have to say.
    Don't worry, he isn't going to be considered.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

I like Jack, but I think he's a bit up there in age. I'd look for somebody else.

Whenever I want to blow someone off without causing a scene I say "Thanks. That's something to consider."

So, regarding TRADER JACK...."Thanks. That's something to consider."
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

I'd rather see the Reds hire Trader Vic than Trader Jack. Jack lost control of the clubhouse near the end of his tenure, letting certain players "do their own thing," which cost him his job when certain other players complained to the Front Office. Mr. Castellini doesn't strike me as someone who likes to see things run in that sort of freewheeling manner.

As for Trader Vic, his track record with the 25 Polynesian restaurants he runs would probably make him a better candidate to oversee a far-flung baseball enterprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw
    I like Jack, but I think he's a bit up there in age. I'd look for somebody else.
    Who won the World Series in 2003? How old is that coach at Penn State?

If you can do the job, you can do the job, age is not a factor.
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Why am I thinking of Marv Levy...
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

I wouldn't mind having Trader Jack in the organization in some sort of role, but not GM.

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster
    Who won the World Series in 2003?
    He wasn't the GM of that team

New blood please, no more living in the past.
    Go Gators!

Trader Vic... one of my favorite restaurants, though I no longer have access to one.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Jack McKeon once traded his own nephew while GM of the Padres. That's stonecold!
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan
    Jack McKeon once traded his own nephew while GM of the Padres. That's stonecold!
    Clark Griffith once sold his son-in-law and manager to the Red Sox for 225K.

For a Level Playing Field

I think there is as much chance of McKeon coming back to the REDS as there is of T.O. being back with the Eagles or Artest being back with the Pacers.

However... at least Trader Jack would have the guts (balls, whatever...) to make a darn trade. This did not describe the last person who called himself the GM of this team.

Pitching, pitching, pitching!

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Clark Griffith once sold his son-in-law and manager to the Red Sox for 225K.

I once shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.

We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Turn Off Ads?