Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another suggestion for a cleveland trade..

Another suggestion for a cleveland trade..

This is Krusty's trade, modified.

How about sending them Ed Encarcion and Pena for Coco Krisp and Sowers.

The Indians need a 3b and an OF to replace Krisp.

The Reds improve their OF defense, get pitching to build on and retain payflex.

I think I would do this one. As much as I'd hate to lose EdE, we need premium young pitching more. I'm willing to play stopgaps at 3b until we get the pitching puzzle solved.

Don't know if the Indians do this deal, but it certainly helps them (both shortterm and longterm).
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Another suggestion for a cleveland trade..

No way they give up Sowers for anyone from the Reds that doesnt include Adam Dunn along with other players.
    Jeremy Sowers is one of their top prospects, if not they top prospect they have. He is young and very talented at a position that is a lot more desirable than third or outfield.

I would love the trade proposed, but I just dont think they go for it.

We couldn't get Sowers for Pena & EdE, not to mention Crisp too.

If we could, then ABSOLUTELY....pull the trigger....yesterday...but, there is no way you get Sowers, unless there is a guy named Dunn involved, imo.

Who plays 3rd?

If you say Aurilia I'll coming after you RedRead
    Go Gators!

I wouldn't do this deal. I think Freel could give us similar defense in CF to Coco Crisp, with a lot more obp. Sure, I'd like to see Sowers in a Reds uniform, but I wouldn't give up Pena and EE for Sowers and Crisp. Just MO.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    Who plays 3rd?

If you say Aurilia I'll coming after you RedRead
    Fine...they can keep Aurillia at 2B...let Womack man 3rd!

All kidding aside, IF (and there is no way it's possible) the Reds could make that deal happen, then we should worry about 3B later. Sowers & Bailey would be 2 cream of the crop pitching prospects.

I don't think any deal for Sowers is possible, unless it involves Dunn though.

:shakesheadindisgust:
    Some people play baseball. Baseball plays Jay Bruce.

I am glad this came up again...No fool would Trade Adam Dunn for Sowers straight up...AD is a proven commodity...although he is taking on the Reggie Jackson career K record year by year...Sowers is now worth an "Adam Dunn."

I mean, lets trade Womack for Dontrelle Willis....That is a doable trade...

See how silly I sound?? Well..."No way does Cleveland trade Sowers unless Dunn is involved.", sounds the same way...

Would Cleveland trade Crisp and Sowers for Edwin and Pena?? Probably not and I would not want to do that anyway...EE might become a stud and WMP just needs 500 consistent "AB's" and we'll see a FIREWORKS SHOW in Cincinnati this year!!!

JaredRoberts.com

I agree that Cleveland probably doesn't do it. Although I don't think it's that bad of a deal for them.. maybe if the Reds could sweeten it up a bit.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Jeremy Sowers is a very good prospect but if he was a sure thing and ready to pitch in the majors, he'd already be doing it. While I agree that it is easier to replace/acquire 1B/OF's pitchers I think trading Dunn for Sowers straight up is too risky.
    School's out. What did you expect?

I don't think you trade proven players with a high ceiling for a single rookie. If you look when Atlanta and St Louis when they traded for young pitchers they had already established themselves in the majors. It would be like asking the Rangers for Texeria in exchange for Bailey.

Quote Originally Posted by Nugget
    I don't think you trade proven players with a high ceiling for a single rookie. If you look when Atlanta and St Louis when they traded for young pitchers they had already established themselves in the majors. It would be like asking the Rangers for Texeria in exchange for Bailey.

Sowers is a much better bet to succeed than Bailey but I see what you are saying.
    School's out. What did you expect?

But then Dunn's a better hitter than Texeria.

Quote Originally Posted by Hondo
    I...although he is taking on the Reggie Jackson career K record year by year...

That and 563 homers get you into the Hall of Fame.

Just sayin.

...Maybe if we did that deal we could move Kearns to third....

...Nah, it's too crazy; only an idiot would think of something like that...

Turn Off Ads?