Turn Off Ads?

Thread: It's too quiet around here this morning.....

It's too quiet around here this morning.....

It's strangely quiet around Redszone this morning. Is this the calm before "the storm"? Could activity pick up this afternoon?

There has been a ton of talk about a trade happening very soon. Could this be the day?

Insiders, are you hearing anything?
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

2. Turn Off Ads?
    This could be the year Phil in BG's Avatar

Re: It's too quiet around here this morning.....

I wonder if Bob is still in NY being schooled by Mr. Selig? He still has to sign off on any deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil in BG
    I wonder if Bob is still in NY being schooled by Mr. Selig? He still has to sign off on any deal.
    He was in New York yesteday and Tuesday. He should be back in his office today.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

From mlb trade rumors:

Unfounded Rumors

Inevitably someone will sneak in here and say that none of my rumors have a foundation. Well, they do, but I am thinking of starting a segment here called Unfounded Rumors. It'll just be a dumping ground of things I couldn't confirm. Maybe it was heard through the grapevine, on a message board, or from a source I don't know too well yet. Doesn't make it any more true or false, I just can't vouch for it at the moment. A lot of things end up in my inbox that would at least make good fodder for discussion. I figured that this is a rumor site, so I might as well add fuel to the fire for the fun of it. So that's your disclaimer.

An insider over at the Orioles Hangout message board says the Orioles will trade a starting pitcher soon. Could be Erik Bedard, Rodrigo Lopez, or Hayden Penn. Speculation is that the Orioles would love to swap a starter for a power hitter now that they've added Kris Benson. I know some Oriole fans are clamoring for Adam Dunn, and at the very least we know the Reds will be more open to trading with O'Brien gone.

Speaking of Adam Dunn, a source tells me that the Reds have been talking to the Dodgers about him. Derek Lowe or Brad Penny may be involved. He also tells me that Boston could send Brandon Moss to Cincy along with Matt Clement. It would be part of a three-way deal where Austin Kearns and Moss land in Cleveland. I think Coco Crisp would then end up in Boston. Yeah, I just confused myself, but maybe you can sort that one out.

Jay Payton could be on the block, but the Zito rumors seem to be running cold. I guess Beane said recently that any team trading for Zito would be "ripped off," indicating that Zito will stay unless he's blown away.

The Devil Rays might be looking at Russell Branyan for a minor-league deal. Branyan has slugged .518 against righties over the last three years.

Someone told me that a Griffey to the Braves rumor was floating around last week. I'm not sure where it originated, but it would be a nice fit in my opinion. Plus, the Braves would have the ammo to get it done.
    Usually these types of rumors aren't 100% unfounded. I think it's safe to say that Mr. Kullman is exploring plenty of options.

Quiet? busy in here..like a game day
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?