Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone gone to the Caravan at Flannagan's in Dublin before?

Has anyone gone to the Caravan at Flannagan's in Dublin before?

I was thinking about going to the Reds Caravan stop at Flannagan's in Dublin tomorrow afternoon. I usually go to the one in West Carrolton but I'll be in Columbus tomorrow anyway and thought I'd just stop there.

But as I was looking up directions, I noticed that Flannagan's is a 21 and up place. Surely they don't enforce that while the Reds are there, do they?

If they do and I can't get in there to see the Reds because I'm only 20 I'm going to be mad.

Help from anyone who's attended this stop before?
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Not Laughing

Re: Has anyone gone to the Caravan at Flannagan's in Dublin before?

The last time I went was the year that Dunn, Kearns, Boone, MacRae were there and IIRC there were young ones there so I think you're safe.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.
    ~Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by BuckU
    The last time I went was the year that Dunn, Kearns, Boone, MacRae were there and IIRC there were young ones there so I think you're safe.
    Thanks for the response. I sure hope you're right.

I emailed the Reds about it awhile ago but I doubt I'll ever hear anything back.

Thanks again!

I was reading on the Flannagan's website a couple days ago that it's 18 and up tomorrow, but I've been there in the past for the caravan and there have been several young kids, so I would agree that you're safe.

Flannagan's is phenomenal and always packed. Have a great time!

They don't enforce it. I went last year and there were people of all ages there. I agree about the being packed. It was crowded last year and if I recall there was snow on the ground. After hitting the Indian's caravan stop with my roommate this past Monday, I can't wait to see the Reds.

I been there twice and I've seen youngsters there.

From what I've heard, they don't even enforce that rule on normal days.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Thanks everyone!

Per a reply from Flannagan's themselves, the event is open to all ages, but a band playing later is 18+.

Which players are supposed to be here??

Quote Originally Posted by djsauter
    Per a reply from Flannagan's themselves, the event is open to all ages, but a band playing later is 18+.

Which players are supposed to be here??
    Dave Williams, Chris Denorfia, Lee May, Marty & Steve, Kullman, Phil Castillini, Narron, and Kent Mercker. Possibly some other front office types but I'm not sure.

I'm thinking of going...if for nothing else to get my pic with Marty and Steve...they do that stuff there, right? I've never been.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFan
    I'm thinking of going...if for nothing else to get my pic with Marty and Steve...they do that stuff there, right? I've never been.
    I can't remember if they do that or not, but you can always take their picture as you're walking through the line. I know that's not quite the same...

I'm tasty AND low in fat!

Red Hot Mama recounts her trip to the Caravan stop in Indy last night at her site. She got in some good questions. You can check it out here:

http://www.red-hot-mama.com/comments.php?id=311_0_1_0_C

Quote Originally Posted by scounts22
    I can't remember if they do that or not, but you can always take their picture as you're walking through the line. I know that's not quite the same...
    I know they are sort of up a little bit from you on almost a stage like platform. That being said I'm sure you could slow up the line for a second to get a quick picture with you standing in front. I don't remember anyone doing it last year, but I'd at least give it a try if you have the time. It doesn't hurt and it's free to attend.

Anyone have any good questions for tonight?

I plan on trying to be there by 5 pm so I might be able to toss one or two good ones out there.

I really wanted to ask them about a new TV deal or radio deal like the Cardinals did and how it could affect the Columbus area (in terms of hopefully getting more games).

Quote Originally Posted by TheGARB
    Red Hot Mama recounts her trip to the Caravan stop in Indy last night at her site. She got in some good questions. You can check it out here:

http://www.red-hot-mama.com/comments.php?id=311_0_1_0_C
    Hmmmm, great site but I noticed there is no link to Redszone!
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Turn Off Ads?