Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Nationals Reportedly Interested In Kearns

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Nationals Reportedly Interested In Kearns

On the verge of signing Sammy Sosa, Leather Pants isn't stopping there...

A source told MLB.com that Nationals GM Jim Bowden has been in trade discussions with the Reds.

Bowden is likely interested in both Adam Dunn and Austin Kearns, though he wouldn't seem to have the artillery to get a Dunn deal done. Even a Kearns acquisition would be quite an accomplishment. John Patterson can't be on the table, so Bowden doesn't have the quality starter that the Reds would want. An offer of Ryan Church and Gary Majewski or Luis Ayala probably wouldn't get the job done.

Nationals.mlb.com

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Kearns To Nationals

Dunn? Not enough on that entire team.

Kearns? Starts and ends with Patterson

"Rumor: Kearns to Nationals" will sit with folks better.

I agree, TC. The thread starter isn't online right now, so I went ahead and changed it.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Re: Nationals Reportedly Interested In Kearns

So they want to toss a bunch of junk at us for Kearns?

No thanks
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    So they want to toss a bunch of junk at us for Kearns?

No thanks

Funny you mention that. I was listening to XM MLB last night and a Boston homer called in asking if the hosts think that instead of dealing with Cleveland for Crisp, should they try and deal straight with the Reds and try and get Dunn instead of Kearns...

Here is the kicker...he said "even if we have to give up, say, Kevin Youkalis (sp?) and a low level prospect to get him...think it would be worth it?"

As if the Reds are to just hand away any and every star player to the guys in Boston or NY? Grrrrr that irked me something awful last night. You win one championship in the last century and now you're all big n bad...grrrrr.

This is not a surprise, right? Wasn't Jimbo giving a come to DC pitch to A and A back when the Nats were in town?
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Here we go, Mr. Kullman. Make a splash. Let's offer your former boss Austin Kearns, Tony Womack, and Wily Mo Pena for Alfonso Soriano, Ryan Church, and Darrell Rasner. Frees up the Soriano situation in Washington, and gives the Reds the flexibility to play Freel every day in LF and have a Church/Denorfia platoon in RF. True, Soriano can walk at the end of 2006, but the Reds would have a season to show him both the love and the money that might convince him to stay. I like Church and Rasner as much as I like Kearns and Pena. I'd explore this if Mr. Castellini will approve the budget.

Soriano is a most overrated player.. I want no part of his poor fielding and massive paycheck.

Kearns and Dave Williams for John Patterson

Doubtful that Washington does that though.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig
    Kearns and Dave Williams for John Patterson

Doubtful that Washington does that though.
    Think BIG!

Kearns / Milton / Womack / Germano for Patterson / Church / Vidro / Majewski

Yeah, I like that one.
    Last edited by Red Leader; 01-27-2006 at 11:25 AM.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dougflynn23
    Here we go, Mr. Kullman. Make a splash. Let's offer your former boss Austin Kearns, Tony Womack, and Wily Mo Pena for Alfonso Soriano, Ryan Church, and Darrell Rasner. Frees up the Soriano situation in Washington, and gives the Reds the flexibility to play Freel every day in LF and have a Church/Denorfia platoon in RF. True, Soriano can walk at the end of 2006, but the Reds would have a season to show him both the love and the money that might convince him to stay. I like Church and Rasner as much as I like Kearns and Pena. I'd explore this if Mr. Castellini will approve the budget.
    The nAts can keep Soriano, thans but no thanks.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Turn Off Ads?