Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Denny Neagle Pleads Guilty

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Denny Neagle Pleads Guilty

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5279370
    Neagle pleads guilty to prostitution charge

GOLDEN, Colo. - Denny Neagle has pleaded guilty to a charge of soliciting a prostitute and was sentenced to 40 hours of community service, prosecutors announced Wednesday.

Neagle's lawyer Harvey Steinberg entered the plea on his behalf Tuesday during an unscheduled hearing, district attorney spokeswoman Pam Russell said.

Neagle, who faced up to six months in jail and a fine of $500, did not attend the hearing.

The plea, which comes after a ruling in his favor last week, means Neagle avoids a trial that was scheduled to begin Monday. On Jan. 17, a judge agreed with Neagle's lawyer that a statement the pitcher made to one of the arresting officers couldn't be used against him because he wasn't read his rights.

Neagle was ticketed in the Denver suburb of Lakewood on Dec. 3, 2004, after a woman in his car told police he had paid her $40 for sex. The Colorado Rockies terminated his contract three days later, but later agreed to an undisclosed settlement.

Neagle had $10 million left on his five-year, $51 million contract, along with a $9 million team buyout option. After being cut by the Rockies, he agreed to a minor league contract with Tampa Bay, then was released.

Neagle has a 124-92 career record with a 4.24 ERA in 13 seasons with the Minnesota Twins, Pittsburgh Pirates, Atlanta Braves, Cincinnati Reds, New York Yankees and Rockies. He has not pitched in a major league game since July 2003 because of injuries.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Re: Denny Neagle Pleads Guilty

I personally think the "throw out a statement because he hasnt been read his rights" is sometimes balonga. Everyone knows the Miranda Rights and to discount something like "Yea, I wanted to have sex and pay for it to boot" based on a technicality is sorta lame. But law is law.

Would Reds be interested In neagle even with his so called problem?

Been there; done that... ancient history. And he had pretty much the same problem when he was here.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

I think if he would do the train wisle sound then he would just get a slap on the wrist.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

Quote Originally Posted by BEETTLEBUG
    Would Reds be interested In neagle even with his so called problem?
    No.

New blood.
    Go Gators!

Can't blame Neagle, what a looker!

http://www.denverpost.com/rockies/ci_3438155

Golden - Former Colorado Rockies pitcher Denny Neagle has pleaded guilty to patronizing a prostitute, staving off a trial scheduled to begin Monday.

Neagle's attorney, Harvey Steinberg, went to the Jefferson County Court at about 4 p.m. Tuesday and entered the guilty plea on behalf of Neagle.

The Jefferson County District Attorney's Office objected to holding the hearing
    without Neagle present. The Colorado Rules of Criminal Procedure allow a plea to be entered without the defendant being present in some misdeameanor or petty offense cases.

The guilty plea was entered and Neagle was immediately sentenced to complete 40 hours of community service in Florida, where he currently lives, by May 24. He must provide proof of the community service to the Jefferson County Court.

Neagle, 37, had been charged with solicitation of a prostitute, a misdemeanor with a possible jail sentence of up to six months and/or a $750 fine. The "patronizing a prostitute" charge is a petty offense with an identical potential jail sentence and/or a fine of $500.

"My preference would have been that Denny Neagle be there to take responsibility through entering a guilty plea as well as engaging in the sentencing hearing," District Attorney Scott Storey said Wednesday.

The patronizing charge "actually fits the crime even better - it refers to the completed act," Storey said. "We got everything we wanted ... and the consequences are the same."

Neagle is accused of paying $40 to Jill Russell of Denver for oral sex. Neagle and Jill Russell were stopped at about 1:15 a.m. on Dec. 4, 2004, in Lakewood. Last week, officers testified that they recognized Russell as a known prostitute and that Neagle's belt was undone.

The Rockies and Neagle reached an undisclosed settlement last May. The Rockies terminated his contract soon after the arrest, citing a morals clause violation.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

OMG, that is one of the grossest things I have seen in my whole life. I mean cmon he is a former baseball player, he should be able to get better looking women than that. Not to mention he could probably get them for free. Mo Vaughn is getting better looking women then that for cryin out loud.

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/7...0/IMG_0256.jpg

Picture from: http://itsasecretsohush.blogspot.com/
    Last edited by harangatang; 01-27-2006 at 02:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by harangatang
    OMG, that is one of the grossest things I have seen in my whole life. I mean cmon he is a former baseball player, he should be able to get better looking women than that. Not to mention he could probably get them for free. Mo Vaughn is getting better looking women then that for cryin out loud.

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/7...0/IMG_0256.jpg

Picture from: http://itsasecretsohush.blogspot.com/
    Mo Vaughn himself is almost better looking Wow. How much did Neagle pay? That was a poorer purchase than even DanO's purchase of Eric Milton.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

he probably was giving her the $40 to pretend to swing and miss, he wanted to relive that old feeling one more time and that was the only way.

There are some situations where bargain shopping just isn't a good idea.

Wow, is that REALLYthe chick he picked up??? Yikes. If I were a dude, I think I'd prolly run away...

Much Ado about nothing.
    Let's play two!!!

Surely his bloated contracts could have bought him something better than that! Wow, that's flat out gross...he could use some skills...

Turn Off Ads?