Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rumors: Bob Castellini and Pete Rose

Rumors: Bob Castellini and Pete Rose

FWIW, I am hearing that Bob Castellini is set to discuss with Selig the possibility of bringing Pete Rose back into the Reds' organization in some aspect before the end of the year. Reportedly, Cast is looking into what it would take to get Rose reinstated.

I think we all knew it was only a matter of time until this rumor would surface.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Re: Rumors: Bob Castellini and Pete Rose

I heard something along those lines as well....not sure if there's anything to it or not...

I guess time will tell

I hope Bud sticks too his guns...Rose = cancer.
    "Sometimes, it's not the sexiest moves that put you over the top," Krivsky said. "It's a series of transactions that help you get there."

i still think mlb should let him rove around the minors talking to young players about how to hit, play and not gamble or do the bad things that can happen

and all that

Castellini can ask but I don't see any way Selig would ever let Rose be involved with a baseball team again.

Stupid idea.

Retired

Cast would instantly become the worst owner in Cincinnati history if brings Pete back in any fashion. The Reds would become a complete joke.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life
    Cast would instantly become the worst owner in Cincinnati history if brings Pete back in any fashion. The Reds would become a complete joke.
    Not as big a joke as baseball saying his Hall of Fame eligibility is going to expire when he was never eligible to begin with...

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Matt700wlw
    Not as big a joke as baseball saying his Hall of Fame eligibility is going to expire when he was never eligible to begin with...
    Pete has no business anywhere near the operations of any MLB club, period. He hasn't reformed himself in the least, and the Reds don't need the dark cloud that Rose would bring along hovering over the organization.

Or, he could become the most revered owner in Cincinnati history to the fans (at least the casual fans) in the city.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life
    I disagree. Although I don't personally want him back just yet, there are plenty of fans, mostly older than us, who do. I'd be surprised if Marge didn't do some lobbying in that regard before she sold the controlling shares.

"Welcome Back Pete Rose" night would be a sellout for sure.

I wouldn't bet against this rumor. Odds are it may happen.

(Sorry, I couldn't resist).

I think it's a bad idea, but I never believed Pete in the first place, so I'm not in the majority of Reds fans.

Living in the past = Bad idea
    Go Gators!

For a Level Playing Field

I grew up as a kid idolizing Pete. As a grown man... I do not want Pete Rose anywhere near young ballplayers.

Does Pete really want to help others or help himself (not gambling rehab help, but get himself in the public eye)? Think about it.

:thumbdown

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

I am on the other side of the fence on this one. You can't take away what he did. He and everyone knows he did it and he admitted it and apologized. Yes after lying in the first place. But if you have a passion for the game like he does... he will never give up. If he was allowed back into baseball he will be monitored and watched everytime he takes a breath. He would be good for the game, he would be good for ticket sales, and hopefully more tickets being sold would mean bigger payroll. I think being a fan like BC, he knows the results would out weight the negative feedback from bring him in. I say give him a chance to right his wrongs and prove himself. If steriod users get 3 strikes, why not Pete?

Turn Off Ads?