Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rumors: Bob Castellini and Pete Rose

Go Redlegs!!!!

Re: Rumors: Bob Castellini and Pete Rose

I'd like to see him reinstated and elected to the Hall. I mean, Ty Cobb and many other players with questionable character are there, so why not Pete Rose too?

That being said, the only way I would want Pete Rose involved with the Reds, would be Pete Rose cheering the Reds on from the stands. ...And he should be so lucky to get THAT honor back, much less a "Welcome Back Pete" night at GAB.
    "Its easy to love a winner like LeafGuard." -Marty Brennaman commenting on the Reds pitching staff.

2. Turn Off Ads?

so why not Pete Rose too?
    I'm betting it's that gambling thing.

Not a bad idea, I'd like to see Cast do this, Get Pete in the Hall of Fame and then never hire him.
    For Love of the Game

"If you aren't first; you're last"

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    "Hey Young players, you can break all the rules and make millions at it then in a few years be allowed to teach youngsters to do the same!"

Pete in the hall..not near any MLB team.
    Krono, what rules are you talking about? Betting on baseball? Are you saying he bet on baseball and made millions or the tax issues made him millions? The way these kids are going to make millions is by becoming great ballplayers, which I believe Pete can help with. The teaching opportunity that exists is (besides baseball fundamentals)-here is a man who had it all, made really really bad decisions and then lost it all. Teaching young men what not to do is a possibility and I'm not saying Pete would be able to do that, just that he should be allowed to try. I just hope we aren't talking about Pete after he's gone and what could have been done. I know I'm a little naive and Pete has had many chances, I still think he has a lot to offer
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Thats all you have to say Bud.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Quote Originally Posted by IowaRed
    Krono, what rules are you talking about? Betting on baseball? Are you saying he bet on baseball and made millions or the tax issues made him millions? The way these kids are going to make millions is by becoming great ballplayers, which I believe Pete can help with. The teaching opportunity that exists is (besides baseball fundamentals)-here is a man who had it all, made really really bad decisions and then lost it all. Teaching young men what not to do is a possibility and I'm not saying Pete would be able to do that, just that he should be allowed to try. I just hope we aren't talking about Pete after he's gone and what could have been done. I know I'm a little naive and Pete has had many chances, I still think he has a lot to offer
    Pete doesn't seem repentant for what he did, he's seems (to me of course) more sorry he got caught.

I don't think he has much to offer as an adviser/coach, he spends most of his time signing autographs not being involved with baseball.

I just see him as a big negative influence to let around younger players.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    I don't think he has much to offer as an adviser/coach, he spends most of his time signing autographs not being involved with baseball.
    Krono, he isn't allowed to be involved in baseball.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

I know..and that's the way it should stay

I mean..he doesn't seem to be making teaching videos or playing softball
    Go Gators!

Yes I know he has to pay his bills.
    Go Gators!

Lindner tried this also, in an effort to coincide with the opening of GABP. He wasn't successful and I'm guessing the new ownership's efforts will experience the same result.

At most, I could see Selig grant the Reds permission to bring Pete into Spring Training to give a talk to two but that's such a long shot.

For everyone who is comparing steroids and domestic violence issues to betting on baseball, there is absolutely zero comparison.

There will always be a black cloud surrounding the Reds organization as long as Pete is banned. Reinstating Pete, even if he isn't given major responsabilities would be a good thing for the franchise.

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by MattyMo4Life
    There will always be a black cloud surrounding the Reds organization as long as Pete is banned. Reinstating Pete, even if he isn't given major responsabilities would be a good thing for the franchise.
    Good point, Matty. I'd like to think that Pete would have been back in some fashion if not for his own foolishness. It is a shame that those outside of Cincy may think negatively of the REDS b/c of this Pete thing and I can understand that (when most think of Pete, they think of the REDS). I believe the REDS have done everything they could to help the man's cause. But it is the man who always brings about his demise again-and-again-and-again.

I'd only allow Pete to comeback to baseball if he agreed to man the phones in Montreal informing people lost in the north woods for the last couple years that "yes, the Expos have moved to Washington."

That should be the only job he should be allowed to have in the MLB.

Lol
    Last edited by Number_Fourteen; 01-28-2006 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynRedz
    For everyone who is comparing steroids and domestic violence issues to betting on baseball, there is absolutely zero comparison.
    Yeah, I guess neither of those things hurt the game... just the player.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

Turn Off Ads?