Thread: Very Dissapointed in the GM list

Very Dissapointed in the GM list

Wayne Krivsky, Twins asst. GM
    Jim Beattie, former Expos & Orioles GM
    John Mozeliak, Cardinals asst. GM
    Johnny Almaraz, Reds dir. of international scouting
    Brad Kullman, Reds dir. of major league operations
    Leland Maddox, Reds special assistant to the GM

we need young new blood. and they are not interviewing anyone who fits that criteria. very disspointed.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Very Dissapointed in the GM list

I wanted Antonetti. Damn.

Out of that list I prefer Kullman or Mozeliak.

I don't think we'll ever know the complete list. Bob Cast. said if a candidate wanted confidentiality due to his current situation, they wouldn't release his name.

half the guys have been in the reds organization. thats exactly what we dont need

you gotta think he knew who we wanted before he came in. with that in mind, moz from st.l jumps out, since hes been with him

I would prefer somebody with an Oakland Billy Beane connection or somebody from the Angels organization.

Kim Ng was my wish of the moment. Sad she's not even being given an interview. I think Kullman is my choice from that list, though Krivsky is still an acceptable option for me as well.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Unless Antonetti is being kept hidden for some reason, I don't think he'll be on the list. I think it likely has to do with him not desiring to interview as opposed to the team not wanting to give him a chance.

There will probably be two more names added next week though. I wouldn't be surprised if Hill is one of those added to the list.

I still am thinking Krivsky and Kullman are the leading candidates, but I would probably consider Mozeliak a darkhorse.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine
    I wanted Antonetti. Damn.

Out of that list I prefer Kullman or Mozeliak.
    Ditto and ditto.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

We predicted 2 months ago that it was too much of a reach to expect someone with Castellini's pedigree to be progressive enough to plug in a baseball thinker who uses cutting-edge techniques at every turn. The man is closer to Carl Lindner's age than Billy Beane's and he probably bought the naming rights to the old-school.

Don't let the euphoria of getting rid of the old cloud your judgment of the new. DanO wasn't dumped for old thinking. He was dumped for slow and obtuse thinking. It's an important distinction.

BTW, I was the first to mention Mozeliak on the board and I stand by my prediction that he will get the job.
    Last edited by Unassisted; 01-27-2006 at 09:15 PM.

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CincyRedsFan30
    Unless Antonetti is being kept hidden for some reason, I don't think he'll be on the list. I think it likely has to do with him not desiring to interview as opposed to the team not wanting to give him a chance.
    It was announced this afternoon that Antonetti withdrew from consideration.

I'm not so sure we know that he withdrew or exactly what happened or didn't happen to begin with. I know the team said today that he won't get an interview but it is possible that he could not have wanted his name mentioned. I was just saying that I don't think that's the likely case. I think he did turn them down but I didn't want anyone hoping he would be on the list to think there was a good chance at all of him ending up on the list afterall.

Mozeliak, Kullman, and Krivsky...theres nothing wrong with any those guys.

I posted this same interview link in the ORG thread, but just in case some have missed it ...

http://www.thestlcardinals.com/INVMozeliakJohn.html

I don't know much about Mozeliak except for what's in that interview, but from the sounds of it he certainly doesn't seem like the worst candidate we could interview/hire, though there's a handful of guys not on the GM list I'd rather have. Still, I'd have to say that I'm much more comfortable with Mozeliak (or Kullman or Krivsky) than I would be with Beattie, Maddox or Almaraz.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Quote Originally Posted by NewEraReds
    half the guys have been in the reds organization. thats exactly what we dont need
    It's a fair point. I worry about the guys within the organization being "tainted". Fresh blood is good. However we went outside the organization last time and look where that got us. I could live with any of them except for Beattie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?