Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you trade Rich Aurilla?

Would you trade Rich Aurilla?

The Red Sox said they had two holes to fill. Now that they have addressed the center field problem it still leaves SS to plug. At present their roster lists Alex Cora and a rookie Ajejandro Machaco as SS. They feel the need, and I can see why, with Cora"s OBP .275 and SLG of.332. Now being that the Reds are blessed with a surplus of infielders do 'ya think they might entertain the thought of trading one? I say we foster off ole Rich for a pitching prospect or two. The Sox have plenty of kids on their 40-man roster to choose from. Probably fair to say we can forget about Papelbon, Lester and Delcarmen. But what about Pauley, DiNardo or Van Buren? Don't know if anything is left in the free agent market, SS wise for the Sox to sign but couldn't be much. Aurillia's cheap too. I guess it boils down to would ya get more for him now or at the deadlind? I say trade him now if you can, that way we can't hear him moan about not starting everday. That's gotta be worth something!
    "The two most important things in life are good friends and a strong bullpen."
    Bob Lemon

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Would you trade Rich Aurilla?

If Boston wanted him they could have signed him...nobody wanted him but our Reds

One and a half men Patrick Bateman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dayton Red
    If Boston wanted him they could have signed him...nobody wanted him but our Reds
    They didn't want him enough to surrender their 1st round pick.

It's conceivable that they might give us something less than that value for him.

That's true, I hate to see him take at bats away from EE but you can see it happening. For that reason I wish yhe Red Sox would want him

old crayons lets ask for that

post hype sleeper cincinnati chili's Avatar

He's untouchable. No way you trade Rich Aurilia.
    How, then, are those people of the future—who are taking steroids every day—going to look back on baseball players who used steroids? They're going to look back on them as pioneers. They're going to look back at it and say "So what?" - Bill James, Cooperstown and the 'Roids

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili
    He's untouchable. No way you trade Rich Aurilia.

C'mon, he's no Tony Womack....:

Trade him? In a heartbeat.
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

I prefer Aurilia, given that he is a sub, over Womack. But yeah I'd trade him.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

I would get rid of Womack and Aurilia and let Bergolla get some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Aronchis
    I would get rid of Womack and Aurilia and let Bergolla get some time.

I'm sceptical that Bergolla will ever hit, I think he needs more time at AAA to work on that. I do believe he's a better prospect than Olmedo, who I'm not sure is even that good a fielder at this point.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Without Aurilia, our Pythagorean Leadership goes down by 11, maybe 12. And there's only about two other people on our 40-man who know how to win. That's not enough if we're going to turn this thing around.
    Makes all the routine posts.

TMBS, if the Reds hadn't signed RA or traded for Womack, I'd be OK with Bergolla getting some time, but now that the money's committed to those guys I'd wait till they played themselves off the roster, before just cutting those guys. If they could be traded, sure.

Would this club have signed Aurilia if the RCast era could have begun a month earlier? That's what I want to know. Narron seems to be the guy that really pushed for Rich to return, as I recall DanO very clearly dismissing the very suggestion of it as a possibility as recently as last September on Lance's show. General Math indicates Narron may be more challenged in terms of baseball savvy than the former gm. I have no idea why the new ownership is wasting time with Narron as manager when they show so much promise at higher levels. Adam Dunn will be hitting 6th and Aurilia will be on pace for 500
    ab's if Forest Gump has his way.

In short, if the Reds could trade away an aging prima donna with delusions of grandeur after the entire league showed absolutely no interest in his services all winter I will be convinced that The Lord has finally delivered on millions of prayers by Reds fans worldwide and rescued this franchise from the clutches of Satan.

Since I am not inclined to such drama, I will have to believe it will be a cold day in hell before any team would have interest in dealing for him.

Well, for what it's worth today at the caravan stop in Columbus Jerry said that the thrid base job was basically Edwin's to lose and that there was no way to really make Rich happy.

He said this after someone actually asked him if there was any way to make Aurilia happy.
    "We know we're better than this, but we can't prove it." - Tony Gwynn

Turn Off Ads?