Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Warner plans SE DVDs for *all* "Superman" films - details

Re: Warner plans SE DVDs for *all* "Superman" films - details

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD
    I'm embarassed to admit it, but I watch the weekly drama of Clark and Lana breaking up and getting back together as Clark beats up Meteor Freaks.

I will add that this season is a lot better than season 3 and 4.
    I watch it quite a bit too. I was a bit put off by the 100th episode though. Not so much in the end result because I saw it coming, but rather in how they arrived at that point. Not a very good episode in my opinion.

Overall though I enjoy the show. I think Michael Rosenbaum is great as Lex, I like Chloe's character, and Jonathan Kent was/is good too. Welling has improved his performance quite a bit, but I think they've really done a disservice to Lana's character. I can't tell if it's the way she's written or if it's the actress (probably a bit of both), but I just don't like her.

As far as the movies, I have the newest DVD of Superman I, and I'm looking forward to the release of the Donner cut of II. IGN has an interview up with Donner that discusses the new version of II. Interesting stuff. Here's the link: http://dvd.ign.com/articles/684/684482p1.html
    "It's still a long way to the top if we want to rock'n'roll, but at least they dumped the tuba player."
    --M2

2. Turn Off Ads?

Warner says the box set will have *14* discs!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sabo Fan
    I watch it quite a bit too. I was a bit put off by the 100th episode though.
    I agree with a lot of your thoughts. I think Lana is boring and annoying because most of the time all she does is whine about Clark. Occasionally they give her other storylines, and she's ok then.

I don't like the Clark character that much. He's so selfish and whiny. Hard to picture him ever becoming superman.

I like Lex most of the time. Lionel used be awesome, but now he's so unstable, the character doesn't make any sense.. Sometimes he's evil, sometimes he's good, even in the same episode.

Last night's episode (the extended contact lense commerical) was not good.
    I agree the 100th episode was a letdown too.
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Last night's episode was sub-par, until the final few minutes. Great closure to ep. 100, IMO.

Once the show is back in April after taking March off it'll definitely get interesting as Brainiac returns and we near the season finale (Zod?).

Quote Originally Posted by GIK
    Last night's episode was sub-par, until the final few minutes. Great closure to ep. 100, IMO.

Once the show is back in April after taking March off it'll definitely get interesting as Brainiac returns and we near the season finale (Zod?).
    Yeah, nothing to write home about with that one, other than the last two minutes. Anyone else that follows the show find it odd that the most emotionally poignant moment involving Jonathan's death came at the end of the episode after he actually died? I guess it worked with Clark finally coming to terms with his dad's death, but I thought the video of his dad saying goodbye was much more emotionally charged than anything that happened in the 100th episode. It's like you had to wait an episode for the so-called "payoff" when the 100th episode was supposed to be this big event.

What I can't figure out is what purpose Jonathan's death served. It seemed like they killed him off simply for the shock value and very little actually came from it. A waste of a good character as far as I can tell.
    "It's still a long way to the top if we want to rock'n'roll, but at least they dumped the tuba player."
    --M2

Turn Off Ads?