Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your (Or Someone You Know's) Weirdest Habit/Hangup

Re: Your (Or Someone You Know's) Weirdest Habit/Hangup

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy
    If I see an onion in my food then I cannot enjoy the food and I have to dig around to make sure there are no more onions. When my parents make sauce my plate is left filled with onions pushed off to the side.
    I do this one, too.

I also chew ice. Constantly. I eat all ice that is in my cup (and no its not related to lack of sex, etc, like people always say).

Like others have said, I shower in the morning. My one hangup is that the door must always remain closed while I shower to trap the heat in. If someone opens the door and lets cold air in, I go through the whole wash my hair, and soap up routine again, even if I've already done it.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Man, I thought I had hangups until I read this thread...

I do wash my hands a lot, that's about it in the way of overcleanliness (though I consider washing hands a fairly normal act). I am also extremely afeared of fire. I check the oven obsessively, I unplug everything apart from lamps when not in use, I refuse to have even unlit candles in my house and I blow them out in public, even at a dinner table at a restaurant. I've been to places where people leave unattended flames in bathrooms. This is unfathomable to me. Basically, if it can cause a fire -- and almost everything in my mind can cause a fire -- I fix it.

I also always put on my right shoe first. I read when I was a child that this is good luck and have done it ever since.
    There is no such thing as a pitching prospect.

I unplug everything apart from lamps when not in use
    That's nothing, my wife once took the batteries out of the TV Changer for fear of fire when we went out of town.

National Honor Society, 4.0 at Miami and she still did that.

Go figure.

I'm like TC, I prefer aisle seats, stand in the back at concerts, prefer to stand behind homeplate at ball games, which I prefer to watch alone unless the person cares about baseball as much as I do.... or 50% will do, probably cause it's more than most.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    That's nothing, my wife once took the batteries out of the TV Changer for fear of fire when we went out of town.

National Honor Society, 4.0 at Miami and she still did that.
    See, that makes perfect sense to me. In fact, it's something new for me to worry about. Great.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    When we go swimming at a beach, lake, etc., I refuse to go into the water with bare feet. Always wear a pair of those slip on shoes like divers wear.

My brother does that. He says it's because he doesn't want to cut his feet on rocks, but I've seen him jump off a houseboat in the middle of Lake Cumberland with tennies on. Neeless to say, he spent the rest of the weekend regretting it with people swimming underneath him from behind and tickling his ankles. He shrieked like a baboon the first time, poor guy.

I have similar irrational fears about swimming in the ocean. I'll go out 200 yards with another person, but never by myself because I get too wigged out about getting gnawed on by sharks. Stupid Stephen Spielberg!
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

I have similar irrational fears about swimming in the ocean. I'll go out 200 yards with another person, but never by myself because I get too wigged out about getting gnawed on by sharks. Stupid Stephen Spielberg!
    That's my wife too, in Hawaii she had "Shark feelings" and watched me boogie board for the whole afternoon after that.

When I walk to my office or around campus, I never try to step on a crack. I guess I don't want to break my mom's back. If I am walking with people its different, but otherwise, I try to never step on cracks or lines. Sometimes it means taking long strides and sometimes short ones. I really can't stand it when I can't get consistent strides, but that's what I do.

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

I have three or four steelers shirts. If I wear one and they win, I must contnue to wear that one, unwashed until they lose on game days...otherwisem its is certain doom for the team.

Yes, I will be watching the Super Bowl alone on Sunday.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Quote Originally Posted by deltachi8
    I have three or four steelers shirts. If I wear one and they win, I must contnue to wear that one, unwashed until they lose on game days...otherwisem its is certain doom for the team.

Yes, I will be watching the Super Bowl alone on Sunday.
    I'm like that with my Purdue shirts (except I still wash them), but this year has made it easy for me to break that habit.

This isn't a weird hangup, but I'm curious if it affects others in their adulthood.

It's very difficult for me to ride in the backseat and not have to throw up. I've always battled car sickness. Backseat, closed windows, smoke, perfume, heat or reading = certain doom. I drive with my windows partially open even in the winter, and I rarely turn on the heater. The drive from our house to the stadium sometimes triggers it because of the city smells and fumes closer to downtown.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey
    This isn't a weird hangup, but I'm curious if it affects others in their adulthood.

It's very difficult for me to ride in the backseat and not have to throw up. I've always battled car sickness. Backseat, closed windows, smoke, perfume, heat or reading = certain doom. I drive with my windows partially open even in the winter, and I rarely turn on the heater. The drive from our house to the stadium sometimes triggers it because of the city smells and fumes closer to downtown.
    My wife has the same problem, imagine the pain living in a state with numerous mountain roads. On the bus she has to sit behind the driver.

Here's a tip if you have to sit in the backseat. try and sit in the middle to look straight ahead and hold the seat in front of you like a steering wheel.

Also if you get sick in the car NEVER go whale watching, you'll turn inside out, I've witnessed 20 out of 25 people all throwing up off the stern for 3 straight hours.

But not me.

I get car sick if I try to read a map while the car is moving. My wife can't sit in the rear seat of our minivan without feeling sick.
    And the last few times I have flown I have gotten motion sickness on the approach. Especially at Salt Lake City where the approach resembles an obstacle course through mountains.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

And the last few times I have flown I have gotten motion sickness on the approach
    For about 8 years after the Loma Prieta earthquake I HATED to fly, turbalance really rattled me.

One day it just went away.

Car sickness happens when your stomach tells you that you're moving but your eyes don't.

This is why the "sitting in the middle and staring straight ahead" approach is a good one. It's also why people get motion sickness while reading or sleeping. Basically just do your best to make sure that your eyes are focused somewhere outside of the vehicle.

I CANNOT sleep in ANY form of transportation. Car, bus, train, plane, whatever. My body will just not let me fall asleep. For some reason I feel like I have to be the one to be awake in case the driver falls asleep. Ironically enough, that's why I was always the one to drive.

Now that I'm married, it irritates me that I drive 13 hours to my wife's parents cottage and the rest of the family sleeps 3/4 of the way while I drive the 13 hours. I get there and they are angry because I want to go to bed early the day we get there.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Turn Off Ads?