Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your (Or Someone You Know's) Weirdest Habit/Hangup

La Dolce Vita

Re: Your (Or Someone You Know's) Weirdest Habit/Hangup

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey
    This isn't a weird hangup, but I'm curious if it affects others in their adulthood.

It's very difficult for me to ride in the backseat and not have to throw up. I've always battled car sickness. Backseat, closed windows, smoke, perfume, heat or reading = certain doom. I drive with my windows partially open even in the winter, and I rarely turn on the heater. The drive from our house to the stadium sometimes triggers it because of the city smells and fumes closer to downtown.
    I had awful motion sickness when younger. I remember my mother giving me that awful gum whenever we traveled. I got deathly ill on a train trip from Louisville to Miami when in college. It's better now but, like you, TC, I still can't ride in the backseat w/o feeling queasy. Also, I get uneasy when RIDING in any car w/ standard shift, even our MINI. Of course that's a good excuse to drive whenever my husband and I go anywhere in it together.
    teach tolerance.

2. Turn Off Ads?

It's also why people get motion sickness while reading or sleeping.
    As a kid I used to puke every time we drove Highway 1 through Big Sur, like clockwork. My dad had a 240Z and liked to drive fast, I liked to read my baseball books and for that I payed.

I CANNOT sleep in ANY form of transportation. Car, bus, train, plane, whatever. My body will just not let me fall asleep. For some reason I feel like I have to be the one to be awake in case the driver falls asleep. Ironically enough, that's why I was always the one to drive.
    That is my problem, a couple of times I drove from the coast to Cincinnati straight through, it's about a 48-50 hour drive, one time we left at night and I had been up since early morning, I didn't sleep the whole way. Once we hit Indiana I was higher than I've ever been on the lack of sleep, I was seeing all sorts of stuff that wasn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by deltachi8
    I have three or four steelers shirts. If I wear one and they win, I must contnue to wear that one, unwashed until they lose on game days...otherwisem its is certain doom for the team.

Yes, I will be watching the Super Bowl alone on Sunday.
    Sports hangups? Thats a whole new thread! I will sit one way when the Reds are at bat and another way when they are in the field if it seems to be working.

I also wear the exact same shirt each week the Giants play if they won the previous week. Unwashed of course, cause you don't wannt jinx things.

And I also don't like oceans - and yes, I live on the Gulf of Mexico. Stupid sharks.

And I knock on wood religiously.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    How many men sleep cuddling a pillow between their legs, or like to have their hand under the pillow?
    Steve Martin to John Candy in Planes, Trains, and Automobiles: "Those aren't PILLOWS!!!"

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey
    This isn't a weird hangup, but I'm curious if it affects others in their adulthood.

It's very difficult for me to ride in the backseat and not have to throw up.
    We found that out about our oldest boy several years back..... the hard way!
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Once we hit Indiana I was higher than I've ever been on the lack of sleep, I was seeing all sorts of stuff that wasn't there.
    That had to be better than all the stuff that really was there.

"Indiana- Bring Something to Do."
    #1 entry in the Indiana Daily Student state motto contest.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy

If I see an onion in my food then I cannot enjoy the food and I have to dig around to make sure there are no more onions. When my parents make sauce my plate is left filled with onions pushed off to the side.
    That's the clincher. We're two halves of the same person.

My parents still get a kick out of tellings stories about little Chili "looking for the onions" that fell into his 3-way.

It's still a problem for me. I'm pretty adventurous with different types of ethnic foods. But my immediate task at any restaurant is pouring over the menu descriptions and ruling out the dishes that have onions in them.
    Stick to your guns.

I hang out on a message board ... that I now know is populated by a lot of people with weird habits/phobias ... and I enjoy it.

What does that say about me?

I'm trying to think of something about myself I can add but haven't came up with anything just yet.

a few of mine...
    • I cannot sleep while wearing a shirt
    • I cannot sleep with socks on
    • I brush my teeth in the shower
    • in the shower I always wash my privates first (I don't know why)
    • I hate to talk on the phone
    • I usually sniff my socks after removing them at the end of the day

This is my favorite thread ever.

And for everyone who hasn't posted, we know that one of your hang-ups is being afraid to talk about your hang-ups. :
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

I thought of one ... I like to shower with the light off in the morning. I hate the morning.

Reminds me of one

I can't shower if it's dark, I actually turn more lights on.
    Go Gators!

My wife has this awesome habit of losing her car keys.

Everyday.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

My wife leaves the cordless phone everywhere but its cradle.
    I hit the "find" button once and found it beeping in the middle of the garden.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

Turn Off Ads?