Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your (Or Someone You Know's) Weirdest Habit/Hangup

Re: Your (Or Someone You Know's) Weirdest Habit/Hangup

I have to crack (or try and crack) all of my fingers the same amount of times on both hands.

Also I cannot sleep in any room where i saw a spider for at least 2 days.
    Let's make some noise!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Your killin' me Smalls! StillFunkyB's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed
    I'm a lot like RIC.

I must have an apple juice a day, I know it's a joke around here but it's true..I used to ONLY drink it..now 1 a day..it keeps me calm
    There is nothing wrong with Apple Juice. It kicks the living daylights outta that Sierra Mist nonsense!

I have to have an isle seat as well, but that is more due to the fact that I tore my ACL, and I cannot sit with my knee at an angle like that for too long or it will start to hurt.

Always carry my wallet in the right pocket. Always.

I can't think of anything else.
    "And the fact that watching him pitch is like having someone poop on your soul." FCB on Gary Majewski

Quote Originally Posted by creek14
    And I have never understood how people can take a shower at night, go to bed, then just get up and get dressed. Ick. Morning shower.
    My wife and I disagree on this. She's a night-shower person and I'm a morning shower person. It works out well, because we stay out of one another's way. My theory is like yours, creek. I like to start the day with a nice hot shower. She says she doesn't like to go to bed dirty.

I'm not sure this is weird or not, but I will not use my toothbrush unless I run it under water before putting the toothpaste on and again before I begin to use it. It's like a dry toothbrush is kinda gross to me, but wetting it makes it acceptable.

I won't eat something off a buffet unless the particular item is brand new and untouched, or almost so. If two or three people have dipped into it already, I probably ain't eatin' any of it. I see people take the very last of something out the pan and it makes me cringe. Some would consider me weird for that, I guess, but my wife is the same way.

As for restrooms, I won't touch anything without a paper towel. I see people take the time to wash their hands with soap, then touch the faucet handle with their clean hands, which just got germy again. Then they'll often take hold of the door handle on the way out. More germs. Kinda defeats the purpose of washing, I think. Just trading your own germs for someone else's.
    Last edited by macro; 01-29-2006 at 11:41 PM.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

You people are sick! I can't believe I hang out with some of you. I thought I knew you.

RIC sounds like Howard Hughes.

Whenever we go to stay a couple nights at either of my brother's or my Mom for a visit, I take my own pillows and bedding.

Whenever I'm at home, all the doors are locked. And I live in the country.

I still (since a child) have a fear of basements (and furnaces). They're oogly. I fly up the stairs when coming up.

I run my hand through my hair when sleeping (that's what my wife says).

I lke baloney, cheese, peanut butter, and potato chip sandwiches.

The only bathroom hangup I have is that at my age, when I go to the bathroom, things get hung up.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    I used to eat those when I was a kid - except for the potato chips.
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Lover of Trivialities Doc. Scott's Avatar

I have this obsessive need to ignore major baseball transactions and focus on things that no one cares about, like minor-league free agents. I call it O'Brienitis.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC
    Peanut butter and chipped beef. Peanut Butter and bacon sandwiches. Peanut butter rolled in a slice of baloney.
    I grew up eating this stuff and no idea is was weird until a roomate caught me stuffing my face one late night.

I HAVE to sleep with two pillows. Goes back to having allergies as a kid and propping my head up to get all the slime to drain out of my head.

My breakfast has to happen within about five minutes of waking up in the morning and it's probably been the same thing (bowl of Total with raisins, orange juice, coffee) at least 99% of the time for the last five years. I'm in a bit of a rut.

I find it very difficult to leave my shirt untucked unless it is summer.

I won't wear white running shoes.

My coworkers tell me I clear my throat a lot...and loudly. See above explanation about two pillows.

Can't stand water in my eyes. When I swim, which is a lot, I have to wipe my eyes off as soon as my head comes out of the water.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

post hype sleeper cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by macro
    As for restrooms, I won't touch anything without a paper towel. I see people take the time to wash their hands with soap, then touch the faucet handle with their clean hands, which just got germy again. Then they'll often take hold of the door handle on the way out. More germs. Kinda defeats the purpose of washing, I think. Just trading your own germs for someone else's.
    I do this. And I rarely get a cold. Or meningitis (sp?)

Other peoples germs build immunities... or something like that.
    How, then, are those people of the future—who are taking steroids every day—going to look back on baseball players who used steroids? They're going to look back on them as pioneers. They're going to look back at it and say "So what?" - Bill James, Cooperstown and the 'Roids

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCasey
    I always sit on an aisle seat. I feel absolutely trapped and a little freaked out when I can't. In fact, I'd rather stand ..... which I've done at games.

I never take the top or the front item in a store. For example, I'll lift the top newspaper in a stack and get the next one.

tc...not trying to copy you, but both of these are me as well...i have so many hangups, that i can't keep track of them all...in restaurants, if we get a booth, i am never the one inside...i always am on the outer edge...same with airplanes...forget the window seat...it's not really a trapped thing with me, as it is a "what if i have to use the bathroom" or something kind of thing...i hate bothering people...
    as far as the store goes, the items that are on top or in front are the items that are returned back from the checkouts where people changed their minds...

ok, here are a couple more...whenever in a restaurant, NEVER ask it to be reheated or cooked differently...either don't eat it or manage your way through it...

whenever someone sneezes around you, immediately, hold your breathe and escape the area as quickly as possible...

never eat anything that falls in your kitchen sink...do you know how gross your kitchen sinks really are...even if you clean them...

i wash my sheets at least twice a week...with extra bleach...have you ever seen that one clorox commercial with the body soot...oh the horror!!!!!

post hype sleeper cincinnati chili's Avatar

It would be fun to go camping with some of you people.

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Chicago

never eat anything that falls in your kitchen sink...do you know how gross your kitchen sinks really are...even if you clean them...
    Kitchen sinks, or so I hear, contain more germs than toilet bowls. So if you're afraid of germs, this is a logical place to fear.
    How, then, are those people of the future—who are taking steroids every day—going to look back on baseball players who used steroids? They're going to look back on them as pioneers. They're going to look back at it and say "So what?" - Bill James, Cooperstown and the 'Roids

as far as the store goes, the items that are on top or in front are the items that are returned back from the checkouts where people changed their minds...

i wash my sheets at least twice a week...with extra bleach...have you ever seen that one clorox commercial with the body soot...oh the horror!!!!!
    If it's a newspaper, I just figure some yutz already pawed through it ..... and they probably stole the TV guide!

With grocery items, I assume that the fresher stuff is in the back. It's a conundrum if I'm choosing oranges from a big pile or pyramid though.

You really strip your bed that often? Too lazy. I do mine about once every few weeks. I'm comfortable in my own filth. It's the filth of others that gives me the heebie jeebies. I don't share a bed, so I just switch sides after awhile, or turn the mattress.

When I was a kid, My sister, two brothers and I stood before one mirror and over one washbasin while we brushed our teeth, combed/brushed/fixed our hair, applied make-up (if applicable) and so on every morning. The "private areas" of the bathroom were separated by a curtain if we needed during this time.

So, I couldn't be too particular about bathroom stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck
    I HAVE to sleep with two pillows.
    I have three. And they have to be down feather pillows, not those stiff, fluffy, cheap cotton candy ones.

How many men sleep cuddling a pillow between their legs, or like to have their hand under the pillow?

I have to have a blanket on me at all times. Even in the summer. I always have a fan on while sleeping (even in the winter).

I refuse to wear short sleeve shirts with elastic sleeves. Given quite a few away over the years (Goodwill, etc).

I live in boxers and a T-shirt in my house... "It's good to be the king!"

When we go swimming at a beach, lake, etc., I refuse to go into the water with bare feet. Always wear a pair of those slip on shoes like divers wear.

I have to sleep with two pillows - one for my head ond one to hold.

I drink milk with my dinner when I am at home, but the glasses have to be in the freezer for a short while beforehand to make sure the milk is super cold.

If I see an onion in my food then I cannot enjoy the food and I have to dig around to make sure there are no more onions. When my parents make sauce my plate is left filled with onions pushed off to the side.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

tc...not trying to copy you, but both of these are me as well...i have so many hangups, that i can't keep track of them all...in restaurants, if we get a booth, i am never the one inside...i always am on the outer edge...same with airplanes...forget the window seat...it's not really a trapped thing with me, as it is a "what if i have to use the bathroom" or something kind of thing...i hate bothering people...

ok, here are a couple more...whenever in a restaurant, NEVER ask it to be reheated or cooked differently...either don't eat it or manage your way through it...

whenever someone sneezes around you, immediately, hold your breathe and escape the area as quickly as possible...

I bet that scene in Seinfeld where Kramer has the garbage disposal installed in his shower, and is fixing a meal while taking a shower, would drive you over the brink!

Turn Off Ads?