Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Your (Or Someone You Know's) Weirdest Habit/Hangup

Re: Your (Or Someone You Know's) Weirdest Habit/Hangup

Since we're including food hang-ups...

I won't eat tomatoes or tomato-based products. No ketchup, no spaghetti sauce, no steak sauce with tomato paste as an ingredient, etc. If tomatoes were used in the preparation of my food, I won't eat it.

I tried to force myself to eat spaghetti sauce in college once, but after two bites I started throwing up. Ugly, ugly scene.

BTW - reading this thread makes me realize I'm not as neurotic as I thought.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

2. Turn Off Ads?

Today as I was buying my 10000th blue med point gel pen, I realized I will write with only blue med point gel pens.
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Man Pills

For all of my curmudgeonliness, I'm a pretty bloody flexible guy. I have a lot of dislikes, but not many "hangups" or weird habits. In fact, I'm kind of anti-OCD.

Oh, I do have one habit--I dog-ear books all the time, even if they aren't mine. It pisses their owners off. I do it without thinking.

Wait, I thought of another one--kind of a hangup. I never import "bonus tracks"--remixes/live crap--that get appended to classic CDs; I just want the album as it was originally intended by the artist. The outtakes are outtakes for a reason.
    Last edited by Falls City Beer; 03-07-2006 at 07:52 PM.

I won't eat tomatoes or tomato-based products. No ketchup, no spaghetti sauce, no steak sauce with tomato paste as an ingredient, etc. If tomatoes were used in the preparation of my food, I won't eat it.
    I live on tomatoes..... hate the celery and will pick it out of anything I can.

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    I live on tomatoes..... hate the celery and will pick it out of anything I can.
    Everyone dislikes celery. I don't get it. It's the most innocuous vegetable on earth. I barely taste it.

I'd rather have my skull crushed with a hammer than eat lima beans.

I'd rather have my skull crushed with a hammer than eat lima beans.
    Love the Lima's I make a great dish with them and tomatoes.. you guys should come over.

Hate the meat, won't touch anything that has animal product in it, including stock, fish sauce etc...

Man Pills

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou
    Love the Lima's I make a great dish with them and tomatoes.. you guys should come over.

Hate the meat, won't touch anything that has animal product in it, including stock, fish sauce etc...
    I don't eat much meat myself anymore. Occasionally fish. It starts to make me feel sluggish if I eat it too often.

I'll bumrush your place if you homegrow your tomatoes. Eat those things like apples.

Turn Off Ads?